Chapter 1

There are no words to explain how I feel. He is the only one I have had feelings for in my whole life. The way his eyes squint when he smiles, the way the whole room lights up when he laughs. His voice, my favorite song. His hair as black as a raven.

"Luna, are you ready yet? We need to leave soon." My mom calls from up the stairs as I am writing in my blue note book.

"Yes mother, be down in a few minutes" I respond closing the scribbled on pages on my chestnut desk and placing the pencil next to it. I go to the long mirror on the other side of my room. Looking at myself in my new dress, its my going away dress. The beautiful red silk glistens in the evening light, the ebony, low heals matching the hoop earrings. This is the most I have dressed up in a while but my mother insisted I look my best at this party, because almost everyone we know will be there. Why celebrate me leaving? I have no idea but its what my mother wants so I'm going to make her happy. I cant wait to leave, I cant wait until I can get away from her always on me, about every little thing. 'Luna are you really wearing that today?' 'Luna why is there a cup in the sink?' 'Luna your room is disastrous, look at that shirt on the floor, guests will be in an hour.' I cant stand the way she is always telling me what is wrong in my life I just want out. Thank god tomorrow morning will be the last of it.

Walking slowly down the stairs so I don't trip over my heals I see Myas black, long, silky hair dance around as she talks to my mother. Mya and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. Her dad and my mom were friends in high school and still are to this day, so we have know each other our whole lives. She is only a month older then I am, at first we didn't get along, pulling hair and biting one another. Now we are closer then sisters. Sadly she will not be coming with me, I really wish she would so I would know someone there.

"Oh My God, Luna, look at you. You look like a beautiful, seductive goddess." Mya winks after turning to look at me.

"Oh no, look at you. You are Cinderella, well with black hair" I giggle and she twirls in her light blue puffy gown. My mother gives us a warm smile and starts to tear up. I'm not sure if its because we look like formal adults, if we are going away or if she has make up in her eye but I decide to go with its because she has make up in her eye. My mother never usually wears make up, she doesn't have to. I guess she just wanted to look nice tonight. Mya and I sit in the living room and my mother brings us some tea to drink while we wait for the time to leave. Mother is so dramatic when it come to time, she called up the stairs that it is almost time to leave when we still have a little less then an hour but its fine. We sip on the tea and talk about what our plans are for tomorrow and for the next month. I cant comprehend that high school is over for us and we are going into collage, we are going our separate ways. Mya has always been the party girl, the girl to have boyfriend after boyfriend, the one that everyone knows, the one that you could hear from all the way down the hallway. I have always been the quiet girl, the one who always has a book in her hands, the one always giving pencils and gum to the class mates, the one who says 'Hi' quietly or just gives you a small smile in the hallway if I know you.

The clock finally hit 8 o'clock and it is time to leave, I quickly go to the bathroom to make sure my makeup hasn't smeared from all of the laughing and giggling, and trying not to laugh. I take some toilet paper and wipe the little bit in the corner of my eyes, and I am ready to go. We get into the car carefully so we don't mess up our outfits, turn the AC on so our makeup doesn't melt from the heat, play some Jhene Aiko through the speaker and pull out of the drive way. My mom driving, Myas mom in the front passenger seat and us two in the back, we sing along to about 8 songs and we are finally here. Our dads greet us and our mothers at the front doors, I'm not even sure what this place is exactly, I know its just a little place people rent out for parties and stuff, Myas going away party was at this same place. We walk through the doors and it looks so much different, her party was all black, purple and grey, my party is all light pink, white and my favorite color of all time, rose gold. I let my mom and Mya send out the invites because I didn't even want this party so I am not sure who all is here, I didn't even know that we knew this many people. There isn't as many people as there was at Myas party, thank god, but there is still so many. I find the beverage area after greeting some of them and get myself a glass of water to calm my nerves.