Chapter 5: Forgiveness And Love

(Violet's POV)

                When we got back to our living quarters, Steve carried me to the shower and turned on the shower head

                When we got back to our living quarters, Steve carried me to the shower and turned on the shower head. I squealed as the cold water danced on my skin. No matter how hard I fought, Steve wouldn't let me go. Eventually, I gave up. I undressed myself and threw it on the bathroom floor. Steve did the same as well. We stood there for a long time, Steve held me as I let it all out.
                Steve throws a dry towel at my head. I take it off and wring the water from my hair. I stand in the bathroom with nothing but Steve's shirt and a pair of panties. Steve grabs a stool and plops me down on it. He sits on the bed in front of me, leaning forwards.
                 "Now are you calmed down?" Steve says calmly, I nod. "Good. Now what were you thinking?"
                 "How can you forgive Tony for putting Blue in danger?" I say insulted, "He sent us to the butchers!"
                   Steve gives me a look. "Violet, Tony was doing what he thought was best. He just wanted the best interest for you and Blue. Mainly for you."
                   I shake my head. "Do you know what they did to me, Steve? Do you know what I went through everyday?"
                   "Darling, that's over with now." Steve rubs my shoulder, "HYDRA can't hurt you no more."
                  "Steve, they cut me open and took my—" I put a hand to my mouth, a tear falling down my cheeks. "They took something from me."
                   Steve's face goes grave. "They tried to replicate Blue."
                   "I know my eggs grew back, it's part of the healing process, but still." I sniff, "They took them from me for 6 months. I'm not sure if any survived."
                    Steve looks down in his lap, a sad expression on his sculptured face. He takes a deep breath in, letting it out slowly. His blue eyes flicker up at me.
                    "I know you're angry at Tony, I was too." My love says calmly, "But Tony knows what he did was wrong. We can't go back and change what happened, Violet. Tony said his sorry."
                    "Yeah," I scoff, sarcasm laced in my voice. "I could feel the sympathy in how he said it."
                   Steve gives me a stern look. "Violet."
                   I roll my eyes, sighing. "Fine! I'll apologize to the bastard."
                  "Hey, language young lady!" He says, "No wonder Blue already has such a mouth on him."
                   "I'll apologize to Tony." I nod my head, half listening to Steve. "But I need some time to forgive him."
                   Steve nods his head, taking my hand in his. He smiles at me. Suddenly, I am pulled onto Steve's lap. His torso is between my thighs, arms wrapped around my back. I giggle at this, loving how close we are. We stare deep into each other's eyes for just a few moments, I lean into Steve's face and kiss him slowly. He manages to pull us even closer together, no space in between us. The kiss becomes more passionate. Steve pulls us farther into the bed, flipping us over so I'm on my back and he's on top of me. We grind on each other, chuckling and moaning at the same time. The kiss becomes more and more steamy as we toss and turn on the bed. Our clothes end up on the floor and the lights are turned down low, we play until the game has reached its highest peak.

                I can hear my own screams echoing through the room as several nurses hold me down. Pain spreads through my lower part of my abdomen.  My vision is blurry. Everything is happening so fast, I can't stay focused.
                "He's caught on the umbilical cord!" One of the nurses screams.
                "GET HIM OUT!" I scream over her, "HE'S CHOKING!"
                Another nurse walks over and begins cutting me open farther. My body trembles as the male nurses holds me down harder. A medical gas mask is put over my nose and mouth. I fight the nurse that puts it over my face.
                 "Stop fighting, you'll heal." The male nurse spits at me.
                  I can feel several hands grabbing something from inside of me. A faint sound echoes through the room, like a baby crying. Tears fall down my face as I try to look up. The nurses only hold me down harder.
                    "I wanna see him..." everything starts to get blurry.
                    Suddenly, a familiar voice echoes through the room. My body begins to violently shake. God, please let this be over! I focus on the voice.
                       "Violet, wake up!" I know that voice "Darling, wake up!"

                     My eyes fly open, I gasp for air. Like a spring, I sit up automatically. I grip the sheets, gasping for air. A hand touches my bare skin, making me tremble as I cry out. I bring my hand back, trying to pop whoever is trying to handle me. When I look up, all I see is Steve's eyes. I suddenly relax. I'm safe. I'm okay. It was all just a dream, even though it felt so damn real.
                   Steve gets out of bed, tugging the sheets off of me. I'm completely naked and covered in sweat. Suddenly, I see a small pool of blood underneath me. Had I started my period? I haven't had one in such a long time ... I get up out of bed, going to the bathroom to clean myself off. Steve takes the sheets off the bed, throwing them into a pile. He walks into the bathroom, slipping on a pair of sweatpants.
                     "You okay?" Steve nods to me.
                     "Yeah, just a little shaken up." I nod, "Nothing to worry about."
                     Steve disappears into the bedroom. I continue to wipe the blood from my body. Suddenly, I hear heavy footsteps against the tiles. I look up to see Steve with my underwear in his hands.
                      "Here," Steve hands them over.
                      Steve disappears back into the bedroom, leaving me be. I take out the pads, remembering the night Natasha had given me these. They were a truce. An act of peace. That night was similar to this one, I had went off on her like I had Tony. But less violent. Anyways, i'm having some major déjà vu. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach. What could it be?