15//coming and going

"He is so dead," I hissed, running into the Salvatore boarding house with Caroline, Bonnie, and Jeremy beside me.

Tyler had aligned himself with my Uncle Mason's psycho-killer girlfriend who had found a new boyfriend the second we found out about his death. Their relationship was something I barely knew of, but disgusted me every time I thought about it. However, Tyler's actions were grave this time. Brady had taken advantage of Tyler's innocence and naive tendencies about turning. He attempted to murder Elena, seeing that her part in breaking the curse was to sacrifice her. 

Furious, I strutted past the awful stench of Damon, aiming straight for the cellphone in his hands.

"Tell me where he went," I snarled into the phone, previously hearing Stefan's voice on the phone.

"He left a little while ago," Stefan replied. "I killed Brady."

For a second, I almost felt bad. He was one of us. But, his actions proved otherwise. Tyler and I were our own pack. We didn't need either of them or their little wolf-minions.

"Good," I answered back. "He was a low-life anyways."

I could hear the shock in Stefan's breath at my response.

"Well, that's out of her character," Damon mumbled, huffing at my slightest change in heart.

"Where did he go?" I questioned for a second time, seeing as my initial question was blindsided by information just a bit more important.

"I think he went back to town," replied Elena. "He seemed really shook up. Keep an eye out for him. I think he's starting to realize some things about himself that he didn't see before."

I sighed. Maybe it was time he figured out that he's not invincible. Neither of us are. Granted, we're a lot less vulnerable than the next person, but we still bleed. We still have hearts that beat loudly in our chests. We still have feelings, compassion. Just because we aren't completely human, doesn't mean we don't have just a slightest bit of humanity left.

"Thank you, Elena," I breathed out in a sense of relief.

I handed the phone back to Damon, nodding at him for his somewhat lack of snotty comments about my demeanor. Caroline, Jeremy, and Bonnie caught the hint that it was time to go. Following my actions, I grabbed my car keys before shutting the door behind me.

For once, I didn't completely hate Stefan. He had the decency to save my brother. He held back, instead of resorting to complete savagery. Maybe some of these blood suckers out there had somewhat of a fraction of humanity left. Hell, maybe even a set of morals.

I drove home, waiting for my brother to get back. I missed my best friend. There was no telling how lost I'd be without him. Even with his tough exterior that showed at school, he was mushy inside. He loved caring for people; he loved to make their lives better. He put other people before him all of the time. He was the most selfless person I knew.

I waited for him in his bedroom. For a moment, my life seemed normal. I was waiting for him to get home from his crazy adventures. I could feel the sting of my father's absence strike me. It was like my life was moving far too fast for me to even have a second to grieve. His death shook the town, but it was like it still hadn't fully hit me yet.

"You're crying," Tyler walked in, holding my jaw in his hand.

"I just miss dad," I cried, leaning into his grasp. "I never really have a chance to miss him. Maybe it's good. I don't know."

Tyler sighed, pulling me into his arms. I could feel the stress he's felt for weeks built up in his muscles. He rubbed my back, pulling me in even closer.