I had even been reading more in my spare time so I could set up a recommendations area. I'd forced some books on Jon as well, but he'd been happy to help.

There was a new kids area and I planned on having a kids night every Wednesday night. I wasn't the best with kids, but I knew that it would bring in customers and I thought I could pull it off well enough.

I was hoping that the store would really take off because I planned on hiring at least a couple people to help me out. Harrison had always been really stubborn and wanted to do everything himself, but that just wasn't me. I would love to have help and I just hoped I made enough money to be able to hire some employees. It would also be nice to have people to talk to all day instead of being here by myself.

Jon was stationed behind the front counter as I ran around the place, making sure everything was in order.

"Everything is fine, baby!" He called to me. "Calm down and open the place up."

I took a deep breath and walked over to the front counter. "This is scary," I told him.

He gave me a gentle smile. "I know, but everything is going to great. Harrison's old, loyal customers will be returning and there will be a bunch of new people as well." He came around the counter and wrapped his arm around me. "You worked so hard on this," he said. "You did a great job. I'm proud of you and Harrison would be proud of you too. The place looks great and I know people will be ecstatic to shop here again...Now why don't you open the place up?"

I took another deep breath and looked up at him with wide eyes.

I was terrified...but I supposed it was time.

I headed over to the front door and took a deep breath.

I flipped the sign on the door over to open and unlocked it.

I took a few steps back, heart beating quickly.

I felt a little silly for being so nervous, but it again made me wonder how Harrison felt when he first opened the store.

He mostly had a calm exterior, but I was pretty sure that he had to be nervous...because this was fucking nerve-racking.

A minute passed and I went over to the front counter, sitting down on the stool set up there.

Jon came over and rubbed my back, giving me a kiss on the head.

Then, the bell above the door made a dinging noise.

I gasped and my head swung in that direction.

An unfamiliar couple walked in and I greeted them immediately. "Hi, welcome in!"

They smiled at me and said hello. I asked them if they needed anything, but they said they just came to look. They went about their business and began browsing the store.

Even if they didn't buy anything, I was naming this day a success already.

There were two people in the store and it hadn't even been five minutes since I opened.

This was amazing.

I looked up at Jon with a beaming smile and he smiled back at me.

"See? I told you," he said and I glared at him a little.

The next people to show up were Katie, Ethan, and Ethan's best friend who I had come to learn was named Sean.

There was a round of hugs and I thanked them all for coming.

I could see that Ethan kept looking at Sean, blushing and then looking away quickly. It was cute and I hoped he didn't get his heart broken. I really cared about him and I wanted him to be happy. He had said that he couldn't tell Sean about the way he felt because he would end up hating him, but I believed there was always a chance.