Chapter 15

"You guys look like you've been having fun," Myrla said.

Dillon and I had cut our ride-hopping short. Both of us were now a little hungry. Myrla and the guys had agreed to meet us Vince Neil's.

I slid onto the chair to the right of where she sat. "It's been awesome," I agreed.

"Yeah, I bet it has. Where have you guys been?"

Dillon set the tray he carried on the table and sat down beside me, reaching for the small bottle of salt. With a careful hand, he salted his french fries.

"All over the place. We just got done with going on the air balloon spinning ride. Love that thing!"

I grinned and leaned forward to steal a French fry off his plate.

He chuckled and tilted his plate in my direction. "Enjoy, Princess."

Aiden glanced at Dillon and shook his head. "My, my, my, how the tides have changed!"

Dillon met his inquisitive stare. "They have, yes. Unlike you, though, I've yet to dive deeper into the surrounding waves."

Randy sputtered and choked on a French fry. He thumped his chest several times.

"Please tell me we're not discussing what I think we're discussing."

Reaching past me, Dillon grabbed my cheeseburger and took a hefty bite out of it. He set it down once done.

"I'm taking a bite out of yours, you know," I said, stealing another French fry.

He grinned. "That's the plan. We're sharing everything and anything."

Drake sniggered and tucked his chin against his chest. "No offense, bro, but that sounds so cheesy, it's not even funny."

Dillon flicked a fry in his direction. It bounced off the tip of his nose and landed in the middle of the bowl full of French onion soup.

"Seriously?" Drake said, grabbing the soup-soaked French fry and popping it into his mouth.

I shook my head and released an exasperated sigh. "You guys are like a bunch of children."

Landon grinned. "We're the bestest of friends. What do you expect?"

"Best of friends, or not, you're still overgrown babies. Always taking potshots at one another and acting stupid in the most weirdest of ways."

"Pretty sure you and Myrla are the same way," Aiden said, knocking back a hefty portion of his beer.

"Not like you guys," I replied, and dug into my cheeseburger.

"Girls like to keep it nice and dainty-like," Dillon replied, dipping a large French fry in a dollop of ketchup.

"At least we know when not to do anything crazy," Myrla said.

Drake burst into laughter. "Oh, please. So says the chick who's been dipping her toes in 'shark'-infested waters."

She glared at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Aiden shook his head. The corners of his mouth tightened.

"He's got a stick up his butt because you and I are spending time together."

"Yeah, and that's a no-no," Landon replied. "You're still married."

Aiden flicked his balled napkin in Landon's direction. "Not for long."

Landon ducked his head. The ball sailed past his head and landed on the ground behind him. He stuck his tongue out at Aiden.

"You missed!"