Because of the coffee spillage, I don't have enough time to see if he was waiting for me at my locker since taking that detour will cause me to be late. But I'm not expecting it because I never called him. Then, I still didn't see him between first and second periods.

Maybe he's avoiding you because you can't ever make up your mind, a small voice in my head chides me, and I contemplate flicking myself.

I feel slow and sluggish in ballet, and even Ms. Peterson and Carter notice, but Carter is the only one that calls me out on it.

"Did you and Hayes break up, or did your dog die?" Carter asks after I land wrong and almost fall over.

I glare at him partly because I'm not sure if Hayes and I are still together but mostly because he assumed that it would have that drastic of an effect on my mood. It's the coffee's fault.

"No, mind your own business." I retort back, and he looks at me with pure annoyance.

"It is my business when you keep messing up." Carter fires back at me, and I roll my eyes.

Ms. Peterson is standing with her arms crossed, looking at the two of us, "Do you two need to take this out in the hall?"

I bite my tongue from what I really want to say and shake my head. "We're fine."

Thankfully there are less than eight people in this class because it's such an advanced class, but I'm sure the frenzy will still end up spreading rumors about Hayes and I breaking up.

I try to put my remaining energy into getting all of the moves down, but my mind is still thinking back to my lack of coffee. It's hard to function when I've gotten such little sleep without a source of caffeine to keep me going.

I'm surprised to have even made it through the class, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see only Liv and Cam sitting at the lunch table with no Hayes in sight. I don't comment on it, and neither do they considering I'm sure Cam had already filled Liv in on everything.

Liv fills the conversation gap, never letting a dull moment pass as she and Cam have some pointless argument about their spring break plans.

"Cam, we're going to Mexico." She insists and Cam groans.

"No, we're going to South Padre."

They've been having this argument for almost ten minutes, and it's not hard to tell that it won't be ending any time soon.

Then the conversation is turned on me, "Are you coming with us on the trip? Because you can be the deciding vote," Cam brings me into the conversation, and I think of how to tell them that I've already got plans with Ollie.

Liv hits his arm, "No, well, I mean, yes, I want you to come. But then we'll be stuck in the same indecisiveness because I'm sure then Hayes will get invited so you aren't outnumbered, and then it will be two against two."

My smile doesn't fade because I will it to stay there. "Ollie and I already have plans to go to the Virgin Islands."

Cam offers me one of his Oreos, "Does this make up for dropping your coffee this morning?"

Liv lets out a breath, "Oh good. That's why you're in a shitty mood. I thought something had happened between you and Hayes. Where is he by the way?"

"Uh, I'm not sure. I haven't seen him today." Or like at all the past five days.

My phone buzzes, and I take a deep breath before looking at it.

Tessa: Glad to see you're not stupid.