Farewell Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"Your leaving!?" Harry said loudly, also taken back by Kakashi's sudden decision. "But what about the farewell feast and departure Cerimony tomorrow? Besides, you need to collect your winnings from the Minister of Magic for winning the Tournament!" Harry added quickly. Kakashi turned towards him, sending an apologetic glance.

"I don't want the money, I already get compensation for completing the mission from Dumbledore, you keep it Harry. Or better yet, give the money to the Diggory family." He suggested.

"But what about your Villiage, couldn't it use an extra 5,000 Galleons?" Ron asked, confused as to why Kakashi wouldn't take such a large amount of money. That he rightfully earned no less!

"Look guys, I really need to get going. A potential war is stirring up in my Country and I need to get back to it as soon as possile. Besides, I really don't feel the need to take part in some useless feast and departure Cerimony. So could you all just do me a favor and get out of my way." Kakashi stated crudely. Hermione let go of Kakashi's arm, offended by his harsh and cruel words. Harry's gut twisted with anger, his fists tightening up at his words.

"You really haven't changed, no matter our efforts. This really was just a mission. You befriended us to make your 'job' easier. Well, good job Kakashi, you completed your mission as well as lost us!" Harry said sarcastically. Kakashi stood still, taking the heat. He didn't care, it's not like he would be comming back any way. Besides, this was the best way to part on his end, for the safety and wellbeing of his friends. Not that he would admit to them that they really were his friends. He wouldn't show weaknesses, weakness was for those who wished to be hurt. And he couldn't allow himself to be hurt again. He was a curse, if he stayed, then Harry, Ron and Hermione would suffer the same fate as Obito and Rin.
He had to leave before he could change his mind about staying. He hadn't really wanted to stay when Dumbledore made the offer, but now that he had more time to think about it, he wanted nothing more than to stay. But he wouldn't, he couldn't start showing emotions now. However, they did deserve a proper goodbye, his selfish decision didn't bring cause for them to be hurt in such a matter.

"That's not fair Harry, I'm sure Kakashi didn't really mean it." Hermione tried, looking over at Kakashi hopefully.

"Oh no, he ment it. If it's crude and brutally honest, he meant it!" Harry said, interrupting her.

"Kakashi?" Hermione asked desperately. Kakashi looked at her apologetically, he wanted to tell them everything but knew it wouldn't change anything. It was in their best interests for him to leave, without any emotional attachments. Otherwise he feared that his enemies would use them against him. This was his last chance to break all ties with them, no matter how much pain it caused.

"I'm sorry if you feel that way Potter. But you must understand, this is my job. It was my job the whole time, so if you feel as though I am just as cruel and heartless of an individual as I was at the beginning of the year, then you would be right." He said defeated, turning away to leave the Gryffindor Common Room for the last time.

Hermione made to go after him, not believing a word he said. However, Harry grabbed her arm, stopping her from leaving.

"He's not worth it Hermione." Harry said darkly, although not towards her. He felt betrayed and didn't want her feelings hurt beyond what they already were.

"Let go Harry." She said firmly, looking deep into Harry's eyes. To her suprise, Harry did let her go, allowing her to move past him.

She ran through the hallways, unsure of where to find Kakashi. There weren't many places in the Castle that he would escape to. He loved being outside to train, so maybe he would be there. Hermione greatly hoped that he hadn't already teleported home, but doubted it considering he had only just grasped the concept and couldn't go that far a distance. She ran outside to the courtyard, heading into the direction of the Black Lake. She kept her eyes peeled for any sign of the Shinobi, who just happened to be a master at hiding. She gambled on the hope that he would show himself to her once he saw that she was out looking for him.