The Goblet of Fire

Disclaimer: I do not own anything.

Enjoy!!!

...........................................................

Late October

Classes that day had been cut short due to the exciting arrival of the other wizarding schools: Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. All Ron talked about for the entire afternoon was Victor Krum, the famous Bulgarian Quidditch player. Kakashi hadn't even met the guy and he felt as though he already knew too much. After lunch all the Hogwarts students and staff went outside to catch a glimpse of the oncoming arrival. Kakashi was tempted to go back to the Dormitory, but thought better of it once he caught view of a giant golden carriage being drawn by a dozen white Pegasus's. He could see Hagrid in the field directing the flying horses to the landing area. He didn't see anyone come out of the carriage because a older, taller student decided to block his view. Apparently the Durmstrang's had arrived, traveling by sea.

The commotion had eventually died down, thinning out the crowd of obnoxious children. Kakashi and the others made their way down to the Great Hall until Professor McGonagall stopped him.

"Mr. Hatake, for the welcoming ceremony you shall join the Durmstrang's and the Beauxbatons in the Entrance Hall. Professor Namikaze will be waiting for you there." She instructed.

Kakashi was not in the mood for a second welcoming ceremony, however; it was all part of the tradition for the Triwizard Tournament. So he would grudgingly go along with it. He stood up from his seat next to Harry and made his way back through the large double doors, where he found Minato Sensei waiting with another large group of strangely dressed individuals. He guessed that these were the students from the other participating schools.

"Are you excited Kakashi?" Minato Sensei asked.

"Not particularly." Kakashi said bored. Minato just smiled at him brightly.

"I have some good news." Minato said.

"What?" Kakashi said slightly more interested.

"Hokage-sama and some others from the Villiage will be comming for the first trial of the Triwizard Tournament. I got the message this morning." Minato Sensei informed happily.

"Why? The Villiage hasn't yet recovered. Why would Sandaime risk leaving the Leaf at a time like this?" Kakashi asked worried.

"Not only is it our mission to ensure the safety of Mr. Potter, but to form relations with the wizarding community and the best way to do that is through the Sandaime. Besides, the Heads of the participating schools are always on the panel of judges, in which case is the Hokage." Minato explained. Kakashi accepted the answer knowing that it was the truth. If the Third Hokage were to not show a hand of good faith and trust, then the wizards would not want to sign a treaty. Kakashi hated dealing with politics, he avoided taking missions involving it as much as possible however, Sarutobi Sensei had insisted. So of course he wouldn't refuse, but that didn't mean he had to like it.

Kakashi knew right away which group of students belonged to which schools. The Beauxbatons was apparently an all female school, their uniforms an elegant blue dress. The Durmstrang's, like the Beauxbatons was an all male school. Their thick heavy winter coats reflecting the cold climate from which they originate. Kakashi spotted the Headmaster of the Durmstrangs, warning signals started going off in his head. He would have to keep an extra close eye on this individual. Minato Sensei seemed to get the same impression, his body stiffening in response to the sense of danger. The man glared at Minato Sensei intently, sizing him up. Minato returned the stare, winning in the process as the man quickly turned away.