Mission failed ~ Connor

Originally I wanted this to be sad but I couldn't end it in the right way so it has a cute ending.

-

"But are you afraid to die for the people who wouldn't lift a finger for you?" The Android sneers as he presses the gun roughly into Connors forehead.

"Yes." Connor simply answers as you watch from a flipped over table, your gun drawn incase anything happened.

"So if I just pulled this trigger, it'd all be over, just like that." The Android smiles and it brings chills up your spine.

"If you were to put the gun down, we could solve this without anymore casualties being involved." Connor remarks and the Android just grunts as he stiffens his arm.

"Shut up! I feel everyone's eyes on me, I know they have guns, tell them to put them down!" He yells and Connor pulls his hand up into a fist and then pushes his hand down back down to his thigh, letting you all know to hold fire.

"There, now can we talk? I need you to trust me." Connor states as the cool metal of the gun presses into his head.

"No." He simply breaths out before taking a step back and firing the gun right into Connors head.

Blue thirium drips down into his nose and your heart drops as you stand up and start firing at the rouge Android

You fire of 5 bullets, 2 land in his chest, 1 in his throat, 1 on his jaw and the last one right in his eye.

He drops and you rush over to Connor, pulling his head up to your chest as you slide down onto your knees.

"Connor, oh no..Connor I'm sorry." You breath out as tears form in the brims of your eyes.

"Detective," he coughs before his eyes flutter a little, "it'll be o-o...okay." He breaths out as his head rolls to the side and you just hold him there.

"Detective, don't get all sappy on us, it was just an Android for Christ sake." An officer snaps and you shoot him a glare.

"Tell Lieutenant Anderson." You state roughly and the officer sighs and nods his head before walking away.

"They'll be coming to collect his body soon, there will be a new one in before you know it." The officer says in the kindest way he can as he helps you stand up.

*Time Skip brought to you by my decreasing will to live*

"Lieutenant, where is detective l/n at presently." Connor asks Hank as he arrives to his desk.

"Home, you know she never handles this well, no matter how many times it's happened. It's also her day off so whatever." Hanks sighs as he continues his work.

Connor nods and leaves, making his way to your house, flipping his coin in his hand while he walks.

He knocks on your door and you open it. "Have you been crying detective?" Connor asks, tilting his head as he examines your face.

You let him in and immediately hug him, pressing your face into his chest as he looks at you a little shocked.

"I know it's stupid how upset I get." You say slowly and look up at him as he looks down at you concerned.

"I just...I don't know. You're more then an Android to me. You mean a lot to me and it pains me to see you..like that." You breath out and he just hugs you back and brushes some of the hair from your face.

"It is common for people to get upset when they see someone they care about pass. But I must reassure you y/n, that I simply am transferred, my memory stays and I return. You have nothing to worry about but if you would like, we could spend the day together." Connor smiles and you smile back at him.

"Movies? I'll make popcorn." Connor smiles and you sniffle a little and give him another hug as he puts both his hands on the side of your face and leans down to press a kiss to your lips.

You stand there a little shocked and then relax as he pulls away. He just gives you a sideways smile before walking into the kitchen, leaving you a little shocked.

"If it was up to me," Connor starts, " I would say I didn't fail my mission last night, but that I just completed it now." He calls out and you laugh a little and blush as you go to pick out a movie.