Chapter 24: Team Tenshi

Start from the beginning

"No, just surprised you'd be in a place like the hot springs." Mikazuki said, taking chopsticks and eating a piece of sushi.

"I've been training. This was supposed to be a sort of vacation. Thanks for interrupting it before I even got a chance to soak." I narrowed my eyes at them and when they moved away I laughed.

"You both haven't changed a bit. Still afraid of me I see." I snuck a few bites of my salad and leant my head on my hand.

"Please, if you plan on apologizing do it now. I want to get back while the springs are still open."

"O-Okay." Luna cleared her throat and looked me in the eye. "Team Tenshi fell apart when you... 'Died'." She looked down at her hands. "Mikazuki's mood took a turn for the worst. He'd constantly blow up at Sensei for no reason at all and-" Mikazuki stopped her.

"No reason?" He chuckled a little and looked me straight in the eye. "There was a very good reason for my actions."

Luna looked between us. "Okay... Well, Tenshi had to leave the village on an S-Rank and never came back." She nudged Mikazuki.

"They never said she died, but it's very possible. It has been several years since she left." I nodded my head with a thoughtful look.

"We have regret being rude to you ever since you 'died'." Luna said. She reached towards one of my hands, but I pulled it away.

"Don't touch me." I muttered and took another bite of the salad.

Everything was quiet.

"I'm sorry, Hibiki." Luna looked at her hands. "I never knew you were under so much pressure. Being heir to the Hoshikage and all."

"Yes, we are both sorry. We were rude to you. Will you forgive us?" They both bowed their heads. I looked down at them and without much thought shrugged my shoulders.

"I forgive you, though there's nothing that needs to be forgiven." They both brought their heads up with surprise.

"What?" Luna said.

"You were raised to think those things about me. I don't blame you." I finished the last piece of lettuce and pushed the bowl away from me.

"But we could've-" I stopped her from saying anything else.

"Just accept the apology, okay?" I sighed and closed my eyes. "What are you guys here for anyway?"

"We're here to watch the Chunin Exams!" I smiled a little as the tension in the air was lifted.

"Funny, my team and I are all entered in the exams. Guess you'll get to see how much I've improved." I opened my eyes to see Mikazuki's smirk.

"Heh, you haven't seen anything. We've been training too you know. The people of the Star aren't weak." I smirked back.

"I think I'd know that best." They both smiled at me.

"Hey! Hibiki!" I looked over to see Naruto and an old looking guy with red lines going down his cheeks from the corners of his eyes.

"Who's that kid?" Mikazuki asked.

"Naruto, from my team." I moved to the edge of the seat so Naruto and the man could slide into the booth.

"What are you doing here? Who are these guys, Hibiki?" Naruto stared at them suspiciously.

I thumped him in the middle of his forehead and sighed. "Calm down. They're Mikazuki and Luna from the Village Hidden in the Stars. We used to make up Team Tenshi." I looked over at the old man and pointed to him.