Chapter 15: Chunin Exams: Part 2

I sat down in my seat. I was sat beside someone from the Mist. On my other side was Kotetsu. He was smirking at all the Genin in the room until his eyes landed on me.

I smiled at him and the smirk fell from his face, first replaced by a scowl, then with confusion. Probably remembering what happened earlier. I turned away from him as Ibiki spoke up.

"Everyone, eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of before starting this exam. And no questions, got it? So you better pay attention. Rule number one: this part of the exam is graded on a point reduction system.You all begin the test with a score of..." He continued to rattle on about how we would be graded as a team and how we SHOULD NOT cheat. He was so obvious about it that it wasn't even funny.

"Begin!" I flipped over my test and read through the first few questions...

What?!

I could answer most of these questions, but the others? Man, it'll totally be embaressing if we get out on the first round!

"Hibiki~" Kotetsu drawled. I looked over at him. He gave me a smile and pointed down to his clipboard, telling me to keep my eyes on the paper. I shrugged my shoulders and looked back down, answering the questions I could.

"Now it's time to cheat." I whispered to myself. I really need to save chakra, and this jutsu takes at least 2/3 of it. Although, saving all that chakra will mean nothing if I don't pass this first part of the exams.

I closed my eyes and located the heartbeat of one of the Chunin hiding among the other Genin and taking the exam. I smirked and performed hand signs under my desk. Concentrating closely on the heart beat, I finished making the last sign.

I bit my thumb and put chakra into my blood. When I controlled the blood and double checked it hit the Chunin I said, "Blood Style: Knowledge Collection Jutsu."

I closed my eyes and felt my chakra travel into the mind of the man. I searched through his mind a bit, looking through his eyes and at his paper. Then I returned back to my body.

I wrote down the answers before I forgot them then leant back in my chair. Still 45 minutes to go, yay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright, listen up. Here's the tenth question," Ibiki said. I yawned and sat up with happiness and excitement. Finally! All that resting helped refill some of my chakra, but it was getting boring just sitting there.

"But, there are some different rules for this question. These rules are unique to question ten. Listen carefully and try not to let them frighten you." I shifted in my seat and began to pull at my bandage. The suspense was killing me! Why didn't he just say the question and get it over with?

"Rule one: Each of you is free to chose not to take the final question." Yeah right, like anyone would chose that. Question ten may be able to change a whole team's outcome.

"So what's the catch?" Temari yelled out from a few rows behind me. "What if we choose not to do it? What happens then?"

"If you choose not to take the tenth question, you'll get a zero regardless of your other answers. That means you fail, causing your teammates to fail as well." No wonder he's the number one interrogator. He knows how to get into peoples' heads. I have full support for my team, though. Sasuke and Naruto both have their dreams to think about. Sakura is in it for Sasuke and I'm in it for Naruto.

"You didn't let me finish." I turned my eyes back to Ibiki. "If you accept the question, but answer it incorrectly, you will not just fail, but you will stay a Genin the rest of your life."

Whispers of protest spread throughout the room and I sighed with impatience. He doesn't have that authority, doesn't everyone know that?

A few more things were said, including Naruto giving a heartwarming speech about never giving up, and a lady came crashing through the window.

"Listen up, maggots! This is no time to celebrate! Its time for the second part of the exam!" A small smile spread across my face. This girl, her heartbeat was amazing!

Ibiki came out from behind a banner that the girl had flew in with and said something that made the girl sweat-drop.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned my head towards Naruto, who had a cheeky grin on his face.

"Come on, Hibiki! Time to go!" He reached down and almost grabbed my arm. I yanked my arm away and held it close to my body, staring in shock and fear at the hand that almost touched me.

*Flashback*

Mikazuki grabbed my arm and scowled when I pulled back from him. "Come on, Tenshi-Sensei wants us to meet her about some type of exam."

I nodded my head and looked at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact with him. He turned around, his short green hair flying behind him as he walked away from me. I stood up and followed behind him.

Exams? Could she be...

---------------------------------------------------

"Ah, you're all here," Tenshi-Sensei said, giving me a reassuring smile. Somehow Tenshi-Sensei always knew what I was thinking.

"You're a smart one Hibiki, you've already figured it out."

"Figured what out?" Luna asked, turning to me with her hands on her hips. She didn't seem to believe I had figured out anything.

I looked down at the ground and stayed quiet. "Hey," I heard the crisp sound of a slap and looked up in surprise at Tenshi-Sensei.

"Don't be so rude. Believe it or not, but Hibiki is smarter and stronger than anyone takes her to be. Truth is, she's so strong everyone is afraid of her." I frowned a bit. Yes, everyone was afraid of me.

"Now," Tenshi-Sensei put her arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to her. "Hibiki is the next in line to become Hoshikage, so people like you should treat her with more respect. My eyes widened.

"T-Tenshi-Sensei," I said.

"Hm?"

"I have no intent to disrespect you, but you weren't supposed to tell anyone about my relations to the Hoshikage."

"Oh yeah... I wasn't, wasn't I?" Then she laughed and pulled me in closer to her. "Whoops, don't worry about it. Everyone is bound to find out some time or another."

She finally let go of me and I let out a sigh of relief. I was happy to be out of Tenshi-Sensei's grasp.

"Now, back to the matter at hand," she said. "I have entered you all in the Chunin Exams."

*Flashback end*

"Oh, sorry about that Hibiki!" I just nodded and stood up on my own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa, what is this place?" Naruto said.

In front of us was the area for the second stage of the Chunin Exams. There were vines climbing the locked fence and large trees were behind it. It looked like one of those creepy forests you see in horror movies.

"This is the fourty-fourth battle training zone. But we call it; The Forest of Death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short for how long it took me to upload it, but I've had a lot of stuff going on lately. (Plus I'm watching an anime called Code Geass, it's really good) Anyways, hope you liked the little chapter I gave you. I can't wait until the fight with Orochimaru!!!!

The Q & A of the day is...

If you could ask Hibiki one question, what would it be?

Vote

Comment

Fan

Something

- Nochangenecessary