Todoroki Shoto x Reader - That Winter Evening

Start from the beginning

He wished to hear that sound again, and soon became envious when he heard the news that she had been claimed by a boy from the business course already. It saddened him to see the way that guy treated her, always turning her down and using her to his own advantage. Ashido and Yaoyorozu tried persuading her many times to leave the guy. Everyone in class 1A thought she was too good for him, even the explosive idiot of the class. Smiling to himself, he continued on.

As he began to get closer to the top of the hill, he felt his desire to reach the final destination growing rapidly

As he began to get closer to the top of the hill, he felt his desire to reach the final destination growing rapidly. This was a foreign feeling to him, wanting to reach something so bad that he could feel his quirk starting to activate itself. He felt flames engulf his left side as he started sprinting up the hill. His right arm began to freeze over uncontrollably his mind too clouded by his determination to stop himself.

Shoto finally reached flat ground, walking through the large collection of trees. He could see a clearing coming into view, a bench being the most prominent part of the scene. His quirk calmed down as he caught his breath.

Y/n saw a light hitting a few of the trees surrounding her and stood up to greet whoever was behind her.

He saw her rise up from the bench and turn her head towards him, being met with tear-filled e/c orbs and her visible breath that went with her rosy red cheeks.

Y/n tilted her head at the sight before her, one of her classmates there with his quirk activated. Shoto.

He wore an expression that she couldn't read very well, looking completely exhausted but also happy to see her. He stared at her for a few minutes in shock, not completely sure why he was so determined to see her.

He noticed her lack of appropriate clothing, only being in her uniform for her part time job he had visited a few times. She looked absolutely freezing, unable to move much due to her shivering he assumed.

Without controlling himself, he walked towards her as she stumbled towards him too. The two got closer to each other, forgetting about everything around them for that amount of time. He stared at her form, the tears finally spilling from her eyes as she reached a small hand out to his.

As they finally connected with a hug, Y/n felt his warmth surge through her. She had only ever had a hug from him once before, and that was only because he saved her from Bakugo's wrath after she punched him playfully. She felt all of her emotions rising to the surface and tried to stop them, though eventually she just broke down into tears and clenched onto Shoto tightly.

He was surprised to say the least that someone like her was crying in front of him. She was always such a calm and collected person which made him wonder why she was acting so differently. He lifted her from the ground and walked over to the bench, sitting down on it and placing her in his lap. He pulled her into his chest and began heating his body up enough to keep her warm, though not enough to burn or hurt her. He smiled to himself a little when she calmed down and curled further into him, her hair brushing against his chin a little. She looked up at him with puffy yet beautiful e/c eyes, almost as if she was just inspecting him.