Reed900 (Fluff)

Gavin Reed wasn't an incompetent officer. Rowdy? Yes. Confrontational? Always. Crude? Oh yes, certainly. But in feild work with minimal social interaction he worked seamlessly.

So why the fuck had he been allocated a model to assist him with work?

The damn thing looked like that RK800 Connor deviant brat thing that was always tailing hank with this bright blue blush on it's face, and Gavin could not be arsed to deal with seeing THAT face all the time.

Apparently the RK900 was also a deviant, and- okay Reed wasn't high enough to bother to keep calling the dude 'RK900'. He opted to call him 'Nine'.

"Oi, Nine!" he shouted, and the bot was quick to step to his side, blue eyes sharp and alert. "Yes, Mr. Reed?"

"Call me Gavin, jesus" he grumbled, before pointing at the screen before him. "Murder happened downtown, we've been asked to check it, grab your shit"

"Can do, Gavin. I shall see you at the front."

"Yeah yeah whatever, man" he muttered, unwilling to admit the flush on his cheeks that being so close to the android gave him. It was personally humiliating.

At the crime scene Reed found himself increasingly more and more irritated as his partner solved the events at about quadruple the speed the detective had been capable of, and as the bot ran after the suspect, Gavin stood there like a wet fish, blinking slowly before facepalming and mumbling Hank's own favourite phrase of 'fuckin androids'

Stumbling back home afterward was a challenge, slightly tipsy and high off weed, and he was about to fall until his Rk stepped forward quickly to haul him back up. "Are you alright, detective?"

"T'fuck're you doin here, Nine?" he grumbled, pushing the other away. "You followin me?"

"Of course" he nodded, blue eyes calm and reminiscent of the sky or sea. Gavin found himself embarassingly lost in them, even as his partner kept speaking. "I'm supposed to live with you - for at least the duration of our partnership. But, if it causes any discomfort, alert me and i will find another place"

"Fuck... It's fine, you tincan" he muttered, cheeks aflush as he averted his gaze. "Just... Get me back to my house, would you? I'm... Tired and off the hook"

"Will do detective"

And Gavin definitely did NOT rest his head on the android's shoulder as he was tugged back home.