Chapter 6: Mental

"Lyla?"

I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was my Momma's face.

"What.. What happened?" I said, drowsily.

"You fainted," my Daddy said.

"For some reason, you were yelling about opening the door.." my Momma muttered.

"It was locked!" I screamed.

My mum looked at me in shock.

"We're taking you to a doctor," she said.

She meant what she said. She took me to a mental doctor, and guess what the doctor said? I was crazy.

And it was all Jody's fault.

"Lyla, will you come with me?" the doctor said. I got up and followed him to a room. He told me to get in. I did, and he gave me some hospital clothes to wear. He shut the door. Then I changed into the clothes.

After a few minutes, he came back in and chained me to the wall. Then he shut the door again.

I heard a click. The door was locked.

I heard the doctor's voice talking to my parents.

"So, she'll be here just for three days, right?"

"Yup. Don't worry, your child will be safe."

"Thank you, Dr. Steen. We'll be going now."

I leaned against the wall. I thought about what happened yesterday. I panicked so badly, I made my parents think I was crazy.

"Lyla?"

I heard Jody's voice.

"I'm sorry," she said. She was right next to me now. Jody looked down. "I didn't mean to scare you like that."

"I wasn't scared.." I admitted. "I don't know why, but.. I really panicked.. It must be because of the horror movie I watched yesterday."

"You're not mad?" she asked.

"I am," I said. "But I'll get over it."

She leaned her head on my shoulder.

I noticed that she didn't disappear like she always did.

"Why are you still here?" I asked.

"The door's going to be locked for two more days," she smiled. "I'm not gonna skip the chance of getting to spend three days together with my best friend."

I smiled.

"I really missed you in school," I said as a tear dripped down my cheek.