26

"What're are we going to tell her friends?" Jughead asked Kevin and Sweet Pea.

"I don't know." Kevin whispered. "We're going to have to give them something." Jughead said softly.

"Let's just call a meeting at Pop's." Sweet Pea said.

*******

"Why did you call this meeting?" Archie asked.

"There is something.. we need to tell all of you." Kevin said to Toni, Fangs, Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Cheryl.

"What is it?" Archie asked.

"And where's Blake?" Veronica asked.

"That's what we need to talk to you all about." Sweet Pea added.

"Enlighten us, and hurry up with it." Cheryl snapped snapping her fingers.

"Blake.... needs to go into a coma." Jughead blurted.

"What why?!" Betty and Veronica said in unison.

"What do you mean?!" Archie asked.

"How did this happen?" Cheryl asked.

"Please explain." Toni and Fangs shouted in unison.

"Guys! Guys!" Jughead shouted.

"Her stab wound poisoned and it spread through her system and she needs to be in a coma in order to properly heal." Sweet Pea explained.

Toni looked at him in concern. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"How long-"

"Doctors didn't say." Jughead said. "Just we have until midnight."

"Oh god..." Betty whispered. Cheryl sighed sadly and hugged Toni.

Sweet Pea sighed and walked away. Toni looked up and pulled away from Cheryl.

"Be right back..." Cheryl nodded and watched Toni case after her friend.

"Sweet Pea." Toni called. Sweet Pea turned around.

"Sweet Pea-" "I can't do it Topaz."

"Hey.. we're here for you Okay? You and Kevin. You two are the ones taking it hardest. We're all here for you. I'm here for you. Don't.. don't give up on her."

"I can't lose her..." Sweet Pea said as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I know..." Toni said hugging him.

"It's okay.." Toni said crying softly with him. The two fell back against the wall.

"I love her."

"I know.. it's okay. You'll get through this. And so will she. And at the end of the tunnel you and her will be back together." Toni and Sweet Pea pulled away from each other.

"You have to be strong for her okay?" Toni said softly.

"I don't.. I don't want to lose her."

"And you won't. She's just going to sleep. And you know what? Fangs and I will always be by your side. and we'll never leave it. Because that's what family does for each other. We're Serpents. Family. You will never stand alone. And you'll never be left for dead. And in unity..."

"There is strength."

"There.. see?"

"Thanks Topaz." The two hugged again. "Back to the group?"

"Yeah.. back to the group."

******

The group crowded into Blake's hospital room.