19

"Cheryl Friggin Blossom!!!!" Blake screamed walking in the gym holding the newest article for the Riverdale Register.

"Oh Blake. How's your cheek?" Cheryl asked. Betty and Veronica looked in their direction.

"What the hell is this?!" She shouted lifting the paper.

"Oh you saw my little article?"

"Cheryl I want it taken down!! You're trash talking my father!!" Blake shouted.

"You mean that embarrassment of a Sheriff?" Cheryl said crossing her arms and standing up.

"Don't talk about my dad like that Cheryl!"

"The whole town thinks like that. He let his own daughter almost bleed out!!"

"He tried his best!! He's trying his best!! You don't get a damn say in my fathers job!!"

"He needs to step down Blake. He need to let someone else take the mantle. He failed this town enough." Blake scoffed and walked away.

"Screw you Blossom!!" She shouted before slamming the doors shut.

******

"It's.. disrespectful Kev! The entire town wants dad to step down." Blake said utterly frustrated.

"I see it Blake." Kevin said frustrated as well.

"He's doing everything he can! This is.. god just.."

"Just worry about you right now Blake. Just yesterday Mrs. Klump slapped you and you went to Midge's funeral. Don't you have something to do with Fangs too?"

"Shit! Thanks Kev." Blake said getting up. Blake walked out of the lounge and walked to Fangs' locker. "Fangs!" She called.

"Hey Blake. Thought you were going to stand me up."

"It's not a date. My dad is going to start asking you questions. I need to make sure you're ready."

Blake and Fangs walked to Blake's house. "Wait here." Blake said walking inside. "Dad?" She shouted walking in his office. He was playing with his badge and drinking.

"Dad?"

"The deputy mayor wants me to step down." He replied softly. 

"What? No!"

"They're going to bring someone in from the outside. Probably someone who can catch the Black Hood.. and catch the person that hurt you."

"No dad his town needs you!"

"This town needs me to step down." Mr. Keller said putting his badge down.

"I'm done Blake.." Blake scoffed and walked out. "I'm not giving up on you." She said turning around and walking backward.

"I'm not." She said turning around and leaving.

She walked outside and sighed. "What's wrong?"

"My dad is stepping down." Blake said annoyed.

"What why?"

"Deputy Mayor's orders." Fangs hugged her. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Blake said hugging back.

*******
The Next Day~~

"Blake!!" Toni shouted. Blake slammed her locker shut. "Yes?"

"Did you see?"

"See-" Toni held up her phone. "Fangs was seeing Midge Klump and didn't tell your dad. Makes Fangs look guilty as sin."

"Oh crap. Where is he?"

"I don't know." She said walking with Blake.

"We need to find him before Reggie does." Blake turned the corner and bumped into Fangs.

"What the hell?!" He asked.

"We have to get you out of here!" "You're dead Vixen Killer!!" Reggie called walking down the stairs.

The three turned around. "Mr. Fogarty. We need you to come with us."

"I didn't kill Midge and I didn't hurt Blake." He said turning around to be blocked by the Bulldogs. Fangs turned around and started running.

The police grabbed Fangs and pinned him against the wall. Fangs struggled in his arms and his pocket knife fell out. He looked down at it in shock. The police pinned him to the ground and arrested him.

"Fangs!!" Blake called.

******

"It's not him!" Blake shouted at Sheriff Menatta.

"We don't know that Ms. Keller."

"Fangs would NEVER hurt me!"

"But didn't he?! With the knife he had on him??!"

"No! No! He can't! He wouldn't! It's not him!"

"Blake." Sweet Pea said walking in the room.

"We are not finished with this damn conversation." Blake said sternly before walking out.

"Blake."

"It's not him." Blake said walking past him. He grabbed her wrist. "Don't you think I know that?"

"I know it's not him! I heard his damn voice! It's not him." Sweet Pea yanked her closer and hugged her.

"We'll get him out." He whispered resting his chin on her head.

******

"They have 15 more hours to make something stick." Mrs. McCoy said to Fangs, Blake, and Jughead.

"15..." Blake whispered taking it as good news.

"But Blake.. you are a witness." Blake and Jughead sighed in unison.

"But you're also a victim." McCoy added.

"So what they'll leave me alone?" Blake asked.

"They should Yes." McCoy said. Blake sighed and leaned on the cell that Fangs was in.

"We're gettin you out." She whispered.