Part 16 Amends | Edited

That night you had to spend at the hospital wing inside Hogwarts for recovery

That night you had to spend at the hospital wing inside Hogwarts for recovery. The Ravenclaw girl in charge of the muggle studies project agreed to let you rest and resume once you were able to.

At the moment, you could barely move a muscle. The nurse would come in to check up on you and a couple of other students scattered behind curtains. But it was getting dark outside and the white sheets fell into apricot shadows. Those curtains quickly started to look less friendly and more mysterious as if hiding unclear secrets in the dark. Few children in-between who were reading books in their hospital beds now resorted to silent slumber.

But there were you, still awake at the corner of the room next to a faint candle fighting the absorbing, gloomy darkness.

As for the girls who've attacked you? Well, with a little push of Tom Riddle, you've informed the headmaster, whom considered the suitable punishments.

And now stars dispersed across the moonlit sky like chess but the thick clouds hid their shining light, making way for the pouring down rain that crackled against the glass window next to you. The sound of falling raindrops mixing with the quiet and peace was relaxing, especially as you rested within your comfortable, warm sheets.

Even though there were candle-lights separated beside each bed, regardless if vacant or not, those lights were not enough to illuminate the whole room.  The large door - the entrance to the room was pitch-black and whenever you'd glance at it, it'd feel as if you were glaring inside a tunnel. It felt uneasy knowing there could be something on the other side watching you without your knowledge.

You thought about how you've missed your family and how great it would be to have these people who cared about you visit you here. The same ones who were still alive in this timeline. And since you could barely visit them in the future, you'd do things differently now. 

In the future, your family was killed by the very man you're trying to change. Hence one of the reasons why you hesitated before accepting this mission. And while Riddle did irritate you, you maintained composure in hope of saving your parents.

You heard some distant footsteps suddenly rumble between the tall doorway and your thoughts dissolved. You glanced at the entering silhouette, emerging out of the darkness.

"Madam Pomfrey?" - you quickly sat up on your bed

However, a masculine voice replied as you could spot a rough shadow appearing out of the shade "Not quite." - it was the familiar voice of Riddle.

You were surprised to see him here, keeping your eyes locked at his now clearer figure "What are you doing here?"

"A meeting." - he paused "With you."

"Oh? Is there something you need?"

"Can I not visit without any questions being thrown my way." - his hands were calmly folded behind his back as some of his dark fringe had fallen over his green eyes "Or is it so hard not to ask any."

"I'm just surprised to see you is all. I mean, you don't really care about my wellbeing."

"True." - he stopped by the wooden chair next to your bed and sat down "But I am here regardless." - his handsome face was lit by nothing else but the faint candle and the occasional lightning that stroke down with the rain. Pulsing like a white, flashing heartbeat.

"Aren't the visiting hours over?" - you asked

"They are. But I'm a prefect. It comes with certain... advantages." - his eyes looked blank among the melancholy surroundings as he paused "Nevertheless..." - his eyes narrowed "I feel somewhat... guilty. Over what occurred to you."

Your eyes widened hearing this "You do?"

"I have been degrading you. And I was probably the cause of her such pathetic outburst."

You were already amazed by this odd behavior. It might have been a sign of potion's effects, since he was finally vulnerable to more feelings.
Which means that it was guilt that brought him to this room.

"I don't blame you." - you told him "I'm feeling fine. If I had more time they wouldn't have stood a chance. None of them."

His smooth lips uttered "I must apologize." - he looked at you with a soft glint in his eyes "I'll attempt to be rather more accepting... of you. For now, I wish to make amends."

"It's fine" - you replied "Apology taken" - you took one of your red snack boxes resting on the tabletop beside you and opened the lid, offering some chocolate sweets inside "Would you like one?"

He glimpsed at it before shaking his head "You are an odd one" - he calmly told you, his voice sweet and gentle as he watched you place back the box "Plenty of others would have despised me if they were in your position. Or attempt to treat me as equally terrible. However, at frequent occasions, you have been treating me well."

"I guess that's just how I'm like" - you flashed him a warm smile

He looked at you silently, simply locking gazes with you. He didn't look away and it held on for longer than usual, which just showed that he was thinking something about you and was not afraid to maintain eye contact - he was radiating with dominating confidence.

Until he finally decided to stand up from his seat "Get well soon." - he folded his arms behind his back again "I shall be seeing you tomorrow."

"Yes, you will. Thank you for visiting" - you kept smiling

He walked away from the bed and you watched him vanish within the dark corridor outside the hospital room. It kept you guessing. Was he aware that he was slowly changing?