Beautiful Beast (Beast x Reader)

Readers POV

I stumbled through the overgrown path, leading towards the massive gloomy castle. I had been in the forest searching for some flowers to decorate my home, but I had become lost and Rain had begun to power down relentlessly. I scrambled through the undergrowth in the cobblestone as I finally reached the massive oak doors. I knocked once, twice and three times. I didn't receive a invitation.

Perhaps it's abandoned...

I need shelter. I was shivering violently and I had no hope in getting home in that weather. With a slight bit of reluctance I pushed open the door the the castle. It was dark and musty, it made me want to cough with the smell of dust. "Hello?" I ask, my voice echoing off the walls. My pale yellow dress was drenched and so was my cloak. I grabbed the ends of them and twisted to let some water escape the fabrics. I had created a puddle and internally cursed myself for making a mess.

"Is anyone here?" I ask again, this time stepping further into the castle. I noticed a soft orange glow from my left, a fire! Someone had to live here. I stepped carefully towards the heath, I noticed a massive lounge chair set in front of the exquisite decor. I sighed and called out again. "Hello?!" I said a bit more impatient. I moved closer to the fire when I heard a climbing sound, like China chipping off of one another. I furrowed my eyebrows not seeing any movement and hearing no footsteps I sat down contently in the chair. It was a curious place but perhaps if I just rested for ten minutes the rain would ease up enough for me to get home. I relaxed into the cushions as I heard a clock ticking. Glancing around the room I spotted no clock, I looked down at my feet hearing the tick tick again to be met with a smile clock face.

No really.

The clock had an actual face.

It had a mouth, nose and eyes and my breath caught in my throat. Unable to comprehend how such things were true. "Ahhh! Mademoiselle! May I treat you to a cup of tea? Yes?" It folded it's arms behind its back as a... a candle came out to stand beside it. "Oh Cogsworth! You finally got out of your old habits of hostility, no?" The candles eyes locked with yours. "I'll get you a blanket Mademoiselle! You must be freezing! Don not worry, tea is on its way" he rushed off most likely to collect blankets. In theory, how were these objects alive? They were incapable of life...

Magic?...

No, i swiped the thought from my mind as I studied the clock before me. It- he, Cogsworths was rocking back and forth whilst humming a familiar tune. My brows furrowed trying to remember what it was from but ignoring the nagging in my mind I turned to see a China teapot and cup hopping towards me. "Oh dear your freezing! Hop to it Chip! This girl needs some warm liquids!" The cup was then filled with tea and I felt my mouth watering. "Y-you don't have to do this. I don't want to be a bother. I was trying to get home but then the rain came down and... I got lost" I explained scratching the back of my neck as I picked up the small cup. It giggled as my lips pressed against the porcelain and I couldn't help but smile. "Thanks... Chip" I smile remembering what the teapot had called him earlier. He chuckled, blushing slightly before hoping onto the arm rest, careful not to spill his contents. The candle had come back dragging a blanket as he struggled greatly. He insisted on no help and dragged the fabric to you. "Here. . . For you. . . Mademoiselle" he fell down breathing deeply. "Thank you" I say as I pick up the blanket and wrap it around my weary frame. I take another sip of tea and continue to drink as I study the things before me. Ms. Potts was humming a tune while Cogsworth was staring into the flames. It was as if they were waiting for something...

And then it came.

A roar sounded through the castle, shaking it by its very foundations. The friends I had just made seemed to stiffen, they ran to the comfort of the shadows. Having just finished my tea Chip met with his mother under a table. "Whatever happens love, just try and see past his anger" Ms. Potts said with reluctance before disappearing from view.

A clawing and pounding sound came from behind me, I was frozen in place. I wasn't breathing nor blinking.

I was petrified.

The footsteps slowed. Scraping against the floor its claws came closer. I pulled the blanket up to my face with only my eyes over it. I felt a hot breath on my head, I didnt want to turn around.

A low growl, dangerous and threatening came from above me. Then it got fiercer. Until it roared once again. "YOU FILTHY VERMIN. GET OUT OF MY CAAAAASSSTTTLLEEE!!!!!" A clawed... paw? Grabbed my shoulder and yanked me from the chair. A squeal escaped my lips as Ms. Potts came out of the shadows. "Sir! Don't you think you should be gentle with the lady?" I felt the Beast take in air, as if it was only realizing something. Slowly, it turned my shocked and terrified being towards him. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped upon sight of me. He grunted, and placed a paw underneath my butt and placed his other on my back. He gently set me back on my feet. "I'm... sorry" he whispered before scratching his head in frustration. "I uh... thought you were someone else" His voice was gruff and would seem uninviting.

But something pulled me towards him.

"It's... Alright" I whispered rubbing my arm in comfort. He looked at me, searching for something. Just like the others had been doing earlier. "Cogsworth, get her fresh clothes" he turned and walked out the door, Lumiére followed after him.

"Sir, shall I invite her to dinner?..."

A few moments of silence past. "Yes, we might actually have a chance"

A/N
And here is the first one shot! Hope you enjoyed!
-AA