Chapter Six: "I'm done with you"

I sat across the table from Rah, drinking tea while he ate breakfast that I made for him and the boys. Jah had already gotten on the school bus and Trey was walking around the house, playing with toys and doing whatever else little boys do. I stared at him scarfing down the food, feeling more confused than ever. This day marked five months of legal separation for us.

"It's the 23rd Raheem..." I muttered. He looked up at me, like he had no idea what the day could represent.

"Who birthday is that?" He asked me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Was it petty of me to be counting the days? I felt stupid for letting him move out and for causing this huge gap in our relationship. But it wasn't all my fault, I needed space.

"We've been separated for five months. But I guess I'm the one one keeping tracks how long are we going to keep this up?" I asked him.

"I'm not the one who asked to be separated. I miss wakin up to my kids but it ain't that simple. I use to think that shit was simple. You love a person, y'all be together, that's the end. But our shit so fuckin complicated..."

"Rah, YOUR ARE THE ONE COMPLICATING THINGS. You're back fuckin that dirty tramp, like how is that going to fix our marriage? You fuckin this black bitch. I thought about beating her ass but, for what? I'm the one who's nigga always feels the need to step out!" I spoke angrily. I had been holding my feelings in.

"Keep yo voice down I'm not finna argue wit you around my son." He said I rolled my eyes and got up to go check on Trey. He was sitting infront of the TV in the living room, watching Paw Patrol, singing along with the characters. Whenever Trey would catch that show on marathon, he would literally sit in front of the TV for hours. It was my off day, so I was keeping him home and I did not mind him watching it.

"C'mon, let's go upstairs." I said to Rah. We walked up the stairs quickly to our old room, which had become my very own room. He walked in behind me and I shut the door.

"Look, I don't mean to upset you. I just... I don't know why I'm fuckin wit Kita to be honest wit you. But it's just sex, I don't love her, I don't wanna be wit her... A nigga got needs." I rolled my eyes at the lame ass excuse.

"Well I got needs too and just because we havin a rough time in our relationship, don't mean Ima go out and fuck Xavier." I said. Rah got mad just at me mentioning Xavier's name, I cracked a smile.

"Don't do that. Forreal man, don't talk about him." Rah spoke seriously.

"And what if I do?" I joked with him.

"You know, yo lil ass be real outta line." He said as we started playing around in my room. The room stretched across the top half of the house, so I was running around while he chased me childishly. We were both so goofy. Rah started breathing hard after about ten minutes of back and fourth.

"Damn, they told me this would happen if I messed with an older man." I joked as I sat ontop of him with his arms pinned. He started cracking up and effortlessly tossed me over, so he was on top.

"You funny man, a nigga ain't old I just got asthma and shit." He said.

"Yeah, aight." I spoke as we just sat there, breathing. "Old ass." I mumbled.

"I can show you my age better than I can tell you Baby. I might as well be twenty two again." He spoke as he leaned in close to me.

"Then show me..." I mumbled as his lips crashed into mine. I Sighed as he positioned himself more comfortably between my legs. Our mouths danced for a while as in between my legs moistened. It had been months since we had last slept together and I missed Rah to be honest. Rah pulled away and stared at me with his gorgeous eyes as he pulled my t-shirt over my head I tried to take his shirt off, but he stopped me.