Expect the Unexpected

A few weeks later,  Rah and I were back on good terms. He moved back in with me, kicked Kira out of the condo, and started spending more time at home. We had just finished eating dinner with the boys and Raina. All the kids went upstairs and left us alone in the kitchen. I was washing dishes and humming to myself when Rah interrupted me. 

"I think I'm ready." He said out of no where.

"For what, baby?" I asked me as I turned to look at him.

"I'm ready to go legit bae... I'm really ready." He said. I realized the seriousness of the situation so I dried my hands and sat next to him. I put my hands over his and we locked fingers.

"Where's this coming from?" I looked into his eyes, searching for answers.

"I love my family. And whether you believe it or not, I don't like when I gotta be gone all the time. My kids growin up, and I'm not even here to see it." He explained. I nodded in understanding.

"Well you know I support you in anything you do baby. I do believe that it's a good idea to let this shit rest. Let these young boys come up." 

"Cash and Jamal not backin me on this though. They sayin give it five years. But I'm ready to let this shit go within a year. Me droppin out of this operation is gon make us all lose some money, but I don't even care about the money. I'm just tired, feel me?" 

"Yeah, I feel what you sayin baby. Fuck their opinion! I'm your wife, and I'm standing behind your decision." I kissed him briefly.

"I always knew you was a rider." He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"I'll always be your down ass chick Rah, for life." 

*****

A few days later, I was at work, taking care of Tara. After Jamal beat her, she had to have surgery on her jaw, and she had a few bruised ribs. 

"How you feelin mama?" I smiled at her as I came in the room, opened the blinds and prepared to check her vitals.

"I'm good, still in a lot of pain, but I'm glad to be alive." She said.

"Yeah. Be grateful to good Tara, you came in here in pretty bad condition girl."

"Can you do me a favor? No matter what, please don't let them allow Jamal to come visit me."she pleaded. I saw the fear in her eyes.

"Ofcourse. I would never let anyone hurt you Tara. We haven't talked since nursing school, but I still consider you a friend and I really do love you." I reassured her as I finished taking her blood pressure. 

"I feel like it's all my fault I mean, ever since Jamal started getting more heavy with dealing he's changed. He started lying, cheating, and he's never home... Tracey he has beaten two babies out of me..." She began to tear up and so did I. I couldn't imagine losing a baby that way.

"Don't blame yourself, Tara, that bastard will pay for your babies. You deserve better." I kissed her forehead.

"Speaking of babies... You've been glowing lately." She smiled at me. She was right, I somewhat suspected that I might be pregnant, but it didn't seem real to me until then. I had gotten a little thicker but I just assumed that it was love weight. 

"I'm gonna take a test soon. It's just that me and rah just got back on good terms, Trey just got off pampers... I'm not sure that I'm ready for a new baby." I sighed.

"Babies are a blessing Tracey! Rah is over thirty now, he should be more prepared now than he ever was for a child." She said. 

"You're right. I hope so." 

I thought about having a new baby the whole shift. Bringing a new child into this world would mean me moving into a bigger house, more stress, everything. As I drove home, I couldn't imagine what Rah's response would be.

I walked into the house. It was around ten so I knew the boys were asleep. 

"Baby?" I called to Rah.

"I'm in the living room." He called back to me. I put my purse down and headed to meet him. He was on the couch, watching some sports game. 

"Hi Baby." I greeted him, as i stepped over him to sit on the couch he slapped my ass. "Ouch." I rolled my eyes as I sat down. 

"Hey Baby." We started kissing. Rah's lips were so soft and gentle.

"You really missed me today, huh?" 

"Yeah, how was work?" He asked me.

"It was okay, my feet are killing me though." On cue, Rah moved over a little and patted his lap for me to extend my leg. I smiled when I realized he was gonna massage my feet.

"Aww, you're the best husband I could ask for." I smiled as he started.

"I'm glad I could be that, for you..." He turned his attention back to the game as he aimlessly massaged my foot.

"Rah, I'm pregnant." I said quickly. He didn't turn away from the TV. "Baby, did you hear me? I said I'm gonna have another child." I spoke louder.

"I was waitin for you to tell me." He turned his attention to me. He stopped massaging me and I moved my leg.

"What?" 

"Tracey I know you, I've watched you through two pregnancies, I know how you start gettin thicker, ya lil attitude change, your skin even look different to me! I can't explain, I just know my wife..." I smiled. 

"So how do you feel about it?" 

"What you mean? I can't wait for you to have another one of my seeds. You know I love you." He wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you too baby."

****

The next day Rah and I were on a double date with Rachel and Cash. We were at some ritzy restaurant In a nearby suburb, eating outside. It was beautiful outside. We were damn near the only black people at the restaurant, but we were all dressed to the T so you couldn't tell us nothing.

"So you havin another baby Tracey? That's crazy!" Rachel spoke. I smiled as Rah rubbed my stomach under the table.

"I know, it's crazy. I'm excited though, i hope it's a girl this time." I admitted.

"I don't need no more girls man, I'm prayin for a boy." Rah said, I rolled my eyes.

"How many kids yall gone have, man? Yall gon have a whole damn team in a minute!" Cash spoke.

"I never really had a lot of family, so I want a lot of kids." I smiled. "When yall gone have a baby?" I asked them.

"When hell freezes over!" Rah joked.

"Shut up booger! For ya information, we trying right now." Rachel smiled at Cash.

"Aww shit!" Rah exclaimed. We all started laughing. All of a sudden, I heard shots being fired. I saw a man in all black, masked shooting from a black escalade. Rah dragged me to the ground and covered me as the drive by occurred. After a few minutes, Rah got up to check and make sure shit was clear with his strap in hand.

"What the FUCK just happened man?!" Cash screamed in frustration.

AUTHORS NOTE: heyyyyyyy Yall! I miss Yall. I know Yall are Upset with me, I'm sorry. I hope to finish DAC entirely soon enough. The first two are still not published, but I will keep Yall posted . In the mean time, check out my two new stories, Hood Girl Gone Bad, and Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust