SEVEN

AUTHOR's NOTE

Hi! I'm sorry it took ages to finally post the next chapter of 'Why Am I Here?'

I had so much fun writing it and i had lots of ideas to pour on this story, but the reason why i hadn't been updating was that i lost the draft because my laptop was d e a d and i didn't have the back up, so i need to re-read everything and gathered all the moods, but then— this monster that all writers fear came.

A writer's block.

I tried to shooed it away by reading lots of prompts, books, watching movies and anything to get me whole new ideas and the mood to continue the writing, but i failed miserably until i watched this Korean Movie called 'The Forgotten" (2017). It had the same feel to Why Am I Here? And wow, it saved this series!

So yeah, i went back to my phone and started writing again and voila, the new chapter is born...

Enjoy, loves!

p.s this might be a bit longer, but... well, i think it's worth all the delay.

———

Stacks of papers were piling on your desk. Some were left open, while some still left untouched. Your fingers trailed on every highlighted sentence and combined those important notes, hoping you could get a bit of clue of what happened with your patient.

It had been almost four hours you were stuck with the files. You re-read all of the files from the very first time Hoseok got admitted until now, but none of them said even once that Hoseok was implying that he really did kill the girl on that night.

You leaned back with your head lulled back. There was only two possibilities on why he was like this. One, he had dissociative identity disorder or two, he really did not do that.

"The hospital..." you quickly reminded of something. "Why would the hospital tortured him if he had DID?" You went through the files once again to find any slight clue of a DID symptoms. "It must be here... somewh— oh, God!"

You jumped at the sudden bell of your apartment. Feeling confused and cautious, you tried to remember who you invited to come at this hour. Obviously no one.

You tip-toed to the front door and took a peek from the peephole when the bell rung once again.

"Minhyuk?" You whispered. "What is he doing coming here at this hour?" You squinted.

The bell rung once again.

"Who's there?" You asked.

"It's me, Minhyuk." He answered calmly, showing his face to the peephole and smiled cutely. You gave yourself a second to think whether or not you'd let him in. "(Y/n), i... came to say sorry, about the other day, I—"

You swung open the door, causing the guy stopped mid sentence. "Let's talk inside." Minhyuk stepped in and walked before you. "Have a seat. Water? Beer? Cola?" You asked as you made your way to the kitchen.

"Cola would be great." He answered, bumping himself onto the couch.

"So... what is it?" You asked, walking back to the living room and seat side to side with the blonde. He shifted himself now that he was facing in your direction.

"I... am terribly sorry. You know, i was so rude to you the other day and i... kissed you. I didn't mean to scare you. I—" He looked down for a second. "(Y/n), please just stay away from all of these." He grabbed your hands and stroked them gently.

"Minhyuk? What do you mean?"

He sighed. "You asked me if there was something going on at the hospital and yes, there was. There still is."