ONE

"Hey, (y/n). May i sit here?" Ara, the korean-american nurse bowed down slightly next to you.

"Sure!" You smiled at her.

She slid her tray gently and found herself already sitting across the table from you in no time.

"So, how was the first half day here?" She smiled as she teared the wrapper of oatmeal bar she had from her tray.

"It's alright." You smiled.

"Just alright?" She narrowed her eye. "I clearly remembered the first day i got here. It was a mess. The patients were losing control and the nurses were all panicked out, but you just alright?" She sipped her iced tea.

"Yeah, i mean... i haven't meet my patient yet, so what i did until now was hanging out in Mrs. Lincoln's office and having lunch." You pointed your tray before grabbing a sandwich.

"Oh," she nodded. "Anyway, do you want some tour of this building? There are a lot of hidden rooms and sections here," she leaned forward. "And we- male and female nurses often used one of the room to you know." She winked.

"No way!" You chuckled at her sudden confession.

"Come on. We need that every once in awhile. Plus, it gets really stressful handling mental patients 24/7." She said as she spooned her lunch. You shook your head and smiled in awkward embarrassment. "So... tour after lunch?"

You still chuckled. "Alright. Tour after lunch."

————

You never knew Ara was one of the friendliest nurses in this asylum. She would said hi to almost everyone she met in the corridor while she gave you a tour, one of them even tagged along to the tour.

His name is Minhyuk. He was assigned in acute psychiatric unit. Sometimes you wondered why he was assigned there and Ara was signed in forensic unit, where she had to deal with criminals, murders and any other unimaginable gory acts.

"Do not go in there if you want to live." Minhyuk warned as the three of you walked near the end of level 3 hallway. There was an LED 'Special Care Unit' sign above the metal door.

"What? Why?" You looked at him before you walked a step closer to the door.

"Oh– we haven't told you," Ara cut Minhyuk before he could even say a word. "She will go in there."

"Wh—" Minhyuk looked at you and you looked back at him, confused.

"She is the new doctor." Ara said.

Minhyuk gasped. "I thought the doctor would be a muscular guy not... a girl."

"Do you think a girl can't be a doctor?" You raised your eyebrows, feeling a bit offended.

"No! That's not what i meant. It's just, this patient is—"

"The three of you!" A raspy voice shouted at the other end of the hallway. "What are you doing there?" He walked in a really fast pace.

"Oh–" Ara fixed her hair before turning back to found the guard already standing in front of the three of you. "I am only giving a tour for our new doctor,"

The guard squinted his eyes and stole a glance on the door behind. "The tour in this area is finished. You may go." He ordered.

"Uh– actually, i have to get in there." You cut as both Minhyuk and Ara started to walked. The guard looked at you in confusion. "I am his new psychiatrist."

"What's your name?" He looked at your coat. There wasn't a tag pinned, just yet.

"(Y/n). (Y/f/n)." You said, offering him your hand to shake with his firm big hand. No wonder he was a guard. "This is my first day, so i think i should go in there and have a little introduction time with my patient." You smiled as you looked at the door over your shoulder. "You may asked Mrs. Lincoln if you still don't believe me." You smiled.