Chapter 27: Generosity

Začať od začiatku

"Do we have to sing?" asked Marley.

"Out there, not necessarily," Will said. "But music is a powerful tool. Rachel. Since you know that better than anyone in here, including myself, why not lead us into our first official, glee club Christmas song?"

"Oh," said Rachel, smiling. "Sure. What song?"

"Your choice," he told her. "It can be about Christmas or about giving." She stood from her chair, walked over to the band, and whispered something to them, unintelligible to the rest of the glee club. The music started and Rachel took a deep breath.

["Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber.]

Rachel: It's the most beautiful time of the year. Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer. I should be playing in the winter snow. But I'mma be under the mistletoe...

To everyone's surprise, Jesse St. James walked through the door and joined her.

Jesse: I don't wanna miss out on the holiday. But I can't stop staring at your face. I should be playing in the winter snow. But I'mma be under the mistletoe...
Rachel: With you...
Jesse: Shawty with you
Rachel: With you...
Jesse: Shawty with you
Rachel: With you...
Jesse: Shawty with you
Rachel and Jesse: With you under the mistletoe...

Julie turned to Bree, who gave her a look. Rachel and Jesse seemed closer. The performance got even better when Blaine and Kurt walked through the door as well, their bright faces smiling at everyone.

Blaine: Everyone's gathering around the fire. Chestnuts roasting like a hot July.
Kurt: I should be chilling with my folks, I know. But I'mma be under the mistletoe.

And after them, Puck and Quinn also entered.

Puck: Word on the street Santa's coming tonight. Reindeer's flying through the sky so high.
Quinn: I should be making a list, I know. But I'mma be under the mistletoe.
Blaine: With you...
Kurt: Shawty with you...
Blaine: With you... 
Kurt: Shawty with you...
Blaine: With you...
Blaine and Kurt: Under the mistletoe...
Quinn: With you...
Puck: Shawty with you...
Quinn: With you... 
Puck: Shawty with you...
Quinn: With you...
Quinn and Puck: Under the mistletoe...

The three pairs walked over to us and pulled a few of them up with them. Quinn grabbed Kitty, Puck reached for Jake, Rachel grabbed Julie, Jesse pulled up John, Blaine grabbed Dan and Kurt pointed at Amity. So the six got up and sang. First, Rachel and Jesse put their arms around Julie and John.

John and Jesse: Aye, love,
John: The wise men followed the star. The way I followed my heart and it led me to a miracle.
Julie and Rachel: Aye, love,
Julie: Don't you buy me nothing. 'Cause I am feeling one thing, your lips on my lips. That's a merry, merry Christmas

Then Kurt and Blaine pushed Dan and Amity forward and Alex felt a tinge of jealousy as blush spread across Amity's face.

Amity: It's the most beautiful time of the year. Lights fill the streets spreading so much cheer.
Dan: I should be playing in the winter snow. But I'mma be under the mistletoe.

Quinn and Puck were hugging and had Kitty and Jake on their other arms, respectively, as they indicated for them to sing, too.

Kitty: I don't wanna miss out on the holiday. But I can't stop staring at your face.
Jake: I should be playing in the winter snow. But I'mma be under the mistletoe.
Rachel and Julie: With you...
John and Jesse: Shawty with you.
Blaine and Amity: With you...
Dan and Kurt: Shawty with you.
Rachel and Jesse: With you under the mistletoe
Quinn and Kitty: With you...
Puck and Jake: Shawty with you.
Blaine and Amity: With you...
Jesse and John: Shawty with you.
Qunn and Puck: With you under the mistletoe
Blaine and Kurt: Under the mistletoe

The six glee kids skitted back to their seats as the six alumni gathered into one line for the last part of the song.

Jesse: Kiss me underneath the mistletoe
Blaine: Show me baby that you love me so-oh-oh
Puck: Oh, oh, ohhh
Rachel: Kiss me underneath the mistletoe
Kurt: Show me baby that you love me so-oh-oh
Quinn: Oh, oh, ohhh...

The glee club erupted with so much cheer that they didn't even realize Mercedes, Finn and Artie entering the room. "Oh I know, y'all didn't just sing without us!" Mercedes exclaimed with a smile as Finn looked at Rachel and Jesse, still hugging, and prompted them to put distance between each other. 

"Welcome back, guys!" Mr. Schue exclaimed as he greeted them all more properly.

***

When Julie walked into choir room the next day after school, she was immediately greeted with the start of music and clapping. She watched as Jake, Dan, John and Alex began a performance of Big Time Rush's "Beautiful Christmas." They handed out candy canes and other small little gifts and cards during the first half and joined together for a choreographed second half performance.

"Our gift to the glee club," said Jake when the song was over, "is that we are going to try to get along." He and Dan stood on one side, looking at John and Alex. They didn't seem too thrilled about the idea of playing nice but the others loved it.

"Hey, where's Joe?" asked Sugar. 

"Yeah, Kitty and Amity aren't in here either," Rory noted.

"Amity said there was an emergency Christian Club meeting," Dan explained. He really wanted to join.

"I heard Principal Sylvester was involved," Alex added, giving Dan a look that said he wasn't actually planning on getting along with him.

"I hope it's nothing serious," said Bree, and she really did mean this. In fact, everyone hoped for the best, for they cared deeply about at least one of the three. For Julie, who held all three in a really good light, there were other things clouding her mind.