Chapter 19

Natasha's POV

I sat next to Steve while he slept. I felt so bad, I had done this to him. If I had been more careful Steve wouldn't be pumped with oxygen. He also wouldn't have needles and other medical things bothering his body. Bruce had looked after him well.....it was the second time now. He'd told me to get some rest too, that Steve would be fine. But I have a few trust issues....well not with Bruce but I didn't want to go.

I heard the door open and looked up, it was Clint. "Hey" I said quietly smiling. "Hey, how's he doing?" Clint asked grabbing a chair and sitting. "He's fine...I just wish he'd wake up" I said playing with Steve's hair. "You know it wasn't your fault!" Clint said putting his hand on my shoulder. "How? How was it not my fault?" I questioned waiting for the answer I didn't want to hear. "You had no control over what you were doing." Clint said, "But I hurt him. I hurt him and I promised not to." I said looking back at Steve. "Clint stood up, "Just understand that we all love you Nat, we would never hate you even if it was your fault. Steve won't mind that you hurt him, he'll just be glad to know you're alright...after all no one died."  Clint left, his words however stayed. They hung in suspense over me, telling me the truth. I looked over at Steve he looked kinda cute when he slept but I still wish he'd wake up.

I fell asleep with my head on Steve's shoulder. He felt cold or mabye that was just me. My sleep was uneasy so I soon woke up. I needed water. I left the room reluctantly, it was the first time in two days I'd actually gone through the door! Well other than the obvious stuff. I walked to the kitchen and filled my cup. I wasn't alone. I couldn't see who but someone was sitting in the dark. I moved a bit closer and could see that it was obviously Loki. "What are you doing here?" he asked, I was shocked as to how he knew I was here. I thought I'd been silent. "Wha....how....how did yo..." I stammered. "I'm sorry, did I give you a shock Romanoff?" Loki turned around smiling. "As a matter of fact you did!" I said laughing slightly. "What are you doing in here?" I asked pointing at him, "Nothing...just bored!" Loki sighed shrugging. "I'm amazed you actually left Rogers alone!" he said turning to the window and laughing. "You must be like some annoying fly, buzzing around his head all the time. No wonder he won't wake up." Loki said this with a tone I did not understand, he also offended me! "We actually like being in each others presents. He doesn't think I'm like a fly, we're more happy together....it's called being in LOVE."

Loki looked at me with confusion, "Jane and my brother aren't always bugging each other!" Loki said crossing his arms. "Well when they're together I bet they are!" I said teasing him. "You just don't think so because you've never been in love, for you it's just a word to regular to be worth saying. But say 'I love you' only matters when you mean it, I've learned now."

I went back to Steve and smiled. It had been an interesting few moments with the god. He and his brother were very interesting! I wove my fingers in between Steve's and quietly hummed to myself.

Steve's POV

I opened my eyes and looked around. Was I in the medical room again? I looked to my left and saw Natasha sitting there humming. I smiled. I squeezed her hand to let her know I was awake. She looked down at me, "Steve you're awake!" she squealed. "Yes! Yes I am!" I laughed, beaming with delight.

I sat up and took a deep breath. My ribs hurt, so did my head and back. Mabye I'd made a face of excruciating pain or Natasha was a mind reader, because she asked me the question I was asking myself. "Are you alright?" Nat said coming to sit with me, "I think so..." I said trailing off. "Well you don't look it!" she said, "I'll manage! What about you. Are you alright?" I asked moving on from me. "Yeah I'm fine....I guess" She came and sat next to me, "Well you don't sound very sure. What's the matter?" Natasha looked at me, in her eyes you could she didn't know, but that could also be a cover up.

We sat in silence. Natasha had started to cry, she didn't know why but she felt sad and relieved. I hugged her closer and tryed to sooth her. After another few moments Nat spoke. "Steve, I'm gonna go get Bruce. He needs to know you're awake." "Ok, I'll just be waiting here!" I replied.

Natasha's POV

I made my way down to the lab. Bruce told me he was working on something so I'd find him there if Steve woke up. I knocked on the door and waited. I heard a crash and then, "Wait a minute!" I laughed, the science bros cracked me up!

The door opened, "Hey Nat!" it was Tony. "Hi" I said smiling, "Is there something you need?" he said slightly impatient. "Yeah I've come to see Bruce!" I said....still smiling! "Oh ok......BRUCE!" Tony screamed! There were some footsteps and then a voice, "I'm coming! Calm down already!" Bruce was now in the doorway too. "Oh hey Natasha, what do you want?" he said joining the smiling group! "Oh well you told me to inform you if anything happened to 'the patient' and Steve woke up!" I wasn't smiling anymore I was beaming! I don't know why but that made me feel better. "Oh great I'm coming on second!" Bruce out his science glasses on the table and pick something up. "Ok we're good to go!"

Steve's POV

I sat on the bed, Natasha sitting next me. Bruce took all the needles and stuff out of me. "Right you're free to go!" he said smiling, "Ok thanks!" Natasha answered. "Well you where always free to go!" Bruce smirked, "But Rogers wasn't so now he's free to go!" I stood up to leave then Bruce spoke again, "Oh wait! I need to do a test on your blood!" "Ok, here you go!" I said sighed, giving him my arm. "Right now you can go!" I laughed, "thanks mate!" I opened the door and then Nat turned back, "How's his blood?" Bruce stood there staring at whatever the reading was. "Bruce!" Natasha said again, "Oh yeah....it's all fine!"