Chapter 4

Steve's POV

I woke up and looked at the girl lying next to me. Natasha's head was rested on chest, she was breathing softly. I didn't wont to wake her so let her lie there for a bit, trying not to move to much. Apparently this didn't work for only a moment later I heard my name. "Steve" said Nat rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Goodmorning" I said back. Natasha sat up and looked at her wounded leg. "How is it?" I asked also sitting up. " It's getting better but it still hurts" Natasha looked up at me, I could see in her eyes that she had never expected to be admitting this to me. Not in her whole life time. "How's my eye?" Natasha asked smiling. I looked at it and my heart sank. It had hardly gone down at all, in fact it looked worse. "Well how is it?" she said. "Tasha it hasn't gotten better....it's gotten worse." I looked down not wanting to see her upset. I wonderd who could it have been? Most bruises went down by the next morning, sometimes they healed. But then I was hit with a horrible explanation.

Natasha's POV

I could tell Steve was upset, so I slipped my hand into his holding it tight. "Steve" I said, he looked up. "Yes Nat?" he said. "Are you alright?" I asked, expecting that I already new the answer. "No..." he said sighing. "I gave question for you...." he paused "Who was it that injured you this way?" Steve looked at me, his hand trembling in mine. I could see in his eyes the longing to know the truth but terrified at the same time. I sighed, I knew this have eventually come. " Steve...I'm sorry, it was hard knowing that he was someone special to the most important person in my life...." I stopped for a moment to let him take it in. His eyes had filled with tears the moment I had said the part about the most important person in my life. "Steve...it was Bucky." At this the tears rolled out of Steve's eyes and on to his cheeks. It hurt to see Steve this way, I couldn't bare it. So I wrapped my arms around him and whispered in his ear "Please don't cry I can't bare to see you like this, its hurting me to know that your this badly wounded."

After Bucky had saved Steve from drowning, the winter soldier had vanished. He was slowly getting  some of his memories back. Many of these small organizations Natasha worked for had been trying to capture him. But failing every time.

Steve's POV

I sat there hugging Natasha, thinking about everything. I could remember the day on the train when Bucky fell. The day I saw him as the winter soldier.  The day I told that confused man that "I'm with you till the end of the line..."  Then falling into ice cold water. We sat there for a few more minutes, the only sounds were our synchronized breathing. Then my phone buzzed. I broke the hug (Which felt cold for I had been hugging Nat for so long) and grabbed my phone. It was Tony.

On the phone with Tony

Steve: What do you want?

Tony: Is Natasha coming?

Steve: Yeah!

Tony: Well can you get here as soon as possible, I need to talk with you all! *Tony hangs up*

I put phone down and stood up. "Who was that?" Natasha asked "Tony, he says he wants to talk to us 'as soon as possible'." Natasha stood up too "Well then shouldn't we go?" Nat questioned. "Yeah we should."

We walked into the hall and strolled down the stairs. When we got to the bottom Sharon was there. why her? I thought to myself. The two girls glared at each other and I grabbed Natasha'a hand pulling her away. I really wasn't in the mood for their stupid arguments. I got on my motorcycle and Natasha sat behind me, it was just another morning in New York.