Chapter 10

Steve's POV

The noise of a police siren woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and sat up checking the time on my phone. It was 8:34 am on the 25 of June. This was a day I'd always remember, it was the anniversary of Peggy's death. I felt a cold sad feeling fill my body. I stood up and got dressed, leaving my room.

I walked into the living room and opened a draw. The draw contained a some photos of Peggy that had been given to me before her death. I looked though them and started to cry. When I had finished looking at them I put them back and just sat in silence thinking about Peggy and everything that we had done together. I sighed and stood up to get some water, Natasha had woken up and was sitting in the kitchen. When she saw my face she asked me "Hey, are you ok?" "Yeah" I said not looking at her. Natasha grabbed my arm, "Look at me!" I did, "What's the matter?!" I yanked my arm away from her, "It doesn't really concern you!" I snapped! "Well who does it concern then?!" Nat asked frowning. I thought for a moment, who does it concern? Then I realized, "It concerns me and Sharon!"

Natasha looked at me, offence the only expression in her eyes. "Oh I get it, you and Sharon! Well that's fine I won't get in the way of your relationship!" Natasha stormed out of the room, tears streaming down her face. "Natasha it's not like that! Please let me explain!" I shouted, "Fine, but you better make it quick!" I could tell this was gonna be hard. "Look it's to do with Peggy" I hadn't finished but Natasha cut in. "Now you're using a dead person as your excuse! What kinda sick jerk are you?!" She turned away but I grabbed her arm, "You don't have to belive me but I'm telling the truth, it's the anniversary of Peggy's death!"

Natasha's POV

I looked at him, in his eyes he was falling apart. I was gonna leave him on the anniversary of Peggy's death. It was obvious that Steve was telling the truth, even if you didn't want to belive him. We stood in silence for a bit, mabye my expression didn't soften because he turned away utterly heart broken. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his back. "I'm sorry, I should have let you explain" I whispered. "Don't be it's fine" he said turning around.

I looked up at Steve, the super soldier and the first Avenger. In his eyes all I could see was the tiny man to dumb to run away form a fight. Though I had never known Steve then, I wasn't even alive, I could picture him. Standing there up against the wall, a bigger man practically killing him. It hurt me to see him like this, all his battle wounds exposed, I could almost see the cuts and bruises on his shaken body. "You don't have to stay strong forever, give yourself a break. Don't worry we'll be fine."

I nestled my head into his chest, feeling the one thing I knew everything about. The pain of the past. I started to cry and Steve kissed my head. "Natasha" I looked up, "Yes" I said. "You know you don't need to hide constantly, I'll be there no matter what....you'll be alright." Steve looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes, "Tell me what to do" I sobbed, "Why don't you start by letting people in, so they can get to know you?" Steve smiled and I couldn't help but kiss him gently on the lips. "I'm sorry.." I said, "But the last time I let sone one in they never came out."

Steve's POV

"I'm sorry.." she said, kissing me gently on the lips. "But the last time I let someone in they never cane out." I could tell Natasha was talking about herself. I pulled her closer, "I don't mind being lost in you heart....it's the one mine beats for." Natasha just stared at me, she was obviously thinking about something. Then she smiled, "You don't have any idea how cheesy that was!" Nat laughed, "Yeah, this morning's been intense!" "There's only one thing missing!" Nat said, "And what might that be?!" I asked, half knowing the answer! "I think my lips can do the talking!" she said leaning in, "Yeah, literary!" I smirked kissing her passionately.

I kissed Natasha for what felt like forever. Then there was a knock on the door, "I'll get it!" Natasha said, pulling away and walking to the door. I followed her down the hall to the door, when she opened it I was shocked to see Sharon there. "Are you all right?" Natasha said politely, "Why would you care?!" Sharon exclaimed, frowning. "Well I know what day it is and I thought you might be upset" Natasha said patiently. "Thank you" Sharon said, slightly unsure about the events going on. "Well I just came to see if Steve was alright" Sharon turned to me and smiled. "Steve's a little shaken, upset and every other sad feeling at the moment but..." Nat paused, "I think I'll be alright" I said facking a smile. "Well I'll be across the hall if you need anything" Sharon said turning, "Oh and mabye we should go to the cemetery and give Peggy some flowers" she looked at her hands. "Yeah I think we should!" I said. "Bye then...um see you later!" Sharon waved and walked into her house.

Me and Nat sat down on the sofa in silence. Natasha held my hand and rested her head on my shoulder. I broke the silence, "Do think I should call Bucky?" I asked. There was in reply, I looked down and Nat was asleep. I picked her up and took her into the bedroom, then I picked up my phone and walked out of the room. I called Bucky, Tony had fixed him up with a phone and he had learned fast.

On the phone with Bucky:

Bucky: Hey Steve!   

Steve: Hey Buck, look, you know Peggy? Well it's the anniversary of her death. And I know you weren't really close, but I'm going to the cemetery today to give her some flowers. So do you want to come?

Bucky: Sure I'll come...I'm sorry man, are you doing alright?

Steve: Well it could be worse, I still have Natasha!

Bucky: Yeah...so what time should we meet?

Steve: At two mabye?

Bucky: Ok that's fine...see you at two! bye!

Steve: Bye!

*hangs up*

I sent a message to Sharon telling her to meet at two and Bucky was coming.

I put my phone down and looked at Natasha sleeping like a baby. I chuckled quietly, 'She's the most beautiful girl in the world!' I thought to myself. Then I left the room, letting her sleep a little longer.