Chapter 13

Natasha's POV

I zipped up my suit and looked at myself in the mirror. Wow, it had been a while since I last wore this...well not really. I reach for my guns lying in the draw next to me. I checked to see that they were all ready and left the room.

As I suspected Steve was ready, standing with his back towards me. I crept up behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso. I hugged him tight, "Are you set to go?" I whispered. Steve turned around, "Yep! you?", I nodded.

We walked up the steps to the glass doors. The first thing we saw was Tony pacing. The others were all trying to calm him down. "Hey, are you alright?" Steve asked. "Tony looked up, "Natasha, it's gotten worse. He has Pepper." There was a silence, I stared blankly at him. The others more dumbstruck than me. The fact was only three of us new what was going on. Steve, though he didn't know it, me and Tony. "W-w what?!" I nearly shouted. "Could someone please tell me what's going on?!" Thor commanded frowning. I turned to him, I knew this next bit would be hard to hear. "Well...it's your brother, Loki. He's back and it sounds as if he's taken Pepper." I let this sink in by cutting it off short. "But Loki...he's-he's  dead! It's not possible!" Thor exclaimed. One could tell he still loved his adopted brother. Even after everything he'd done. "I'm sorry." was all I said back.

Steve's POV

Tony turned to me, "Right Captain, what do we do?" I could tell that he was in no mood to be in charge and like he said, I was the captain. "Well I'll need to know the exact location of his whereabouts. Then we'll think about the attack." Natasha nodded and walked over to some computers, I loved seeing her in 'agent' mode!

There was a clean sound of new polished shoes behind me. I turned and saw Sharon. "What are you doing here?!" I almost shouted at her. "I forgot something on Friday..." she trailed off slightly. "What are you doing here? she questioned. "That's doesn't concern you!" I could feel the annoyance beginning to set in, I had seen her in the afternoon and I could bare another hour with her! "But-but....." she started like a spoiled girl. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the next room. Sharon glared at me, "What was that for?!" she shouted. "Shut up!" I shouted back! Sharon opened her mouth, "What did I do?!" were the words that escaped. I looked at her with intensity, "Please would you keep your massive head out of our lives. Just for one moment!" I smiled my most sarcastic smile which annoyed her. "You think you're so clever Steven! So no! I won't stop bugging you!" I rolled me eyes. "Look, I've got a lot to do right now so if you don't mind I'm gonna go!" I wasn't in the mood to argue anymore. I turned to leave but Sharon grabbed my wrist. "What?!" I said raising my eyebrows, "I've got more questions to be asked and then answered!" Just then Natasha walked in. "Hey Steve, I've got the location" she smiled and handed me some paper. "Thanks!" I said smiling back. Natasha locked her hand in mine and rested her head on my arm. "So you were saying?" I turned toward Sharon. "What are you all doing here?", I sighed, "We're going on a rescue mission." "And who are you...." Sharon stopped mind sentence. "Something wrong?" Nat asked for me. "Yeah it's you...you're distracting, holding his hand, playing with your hair, straightening out all the creases in his sleeves and flicking that shield of his." I smirked, I knew Nat was doing all if this on purpose. Natasha must have made a face too because Sharon frowned and stopped out of the room.

Natasha's POV

I smiled with success! Sharon had blown before me! I looked up and realized Steve was starting to walk out the door. I remember the moment I came in, he was close to Sharon and she was holding his...hands was it? "Steve!" I called, he spun around, "Yeah?" he said giving me small smile. "You know when I came in and Sharon was holding your hands. Is there something going on between you and her?" I left the question hanging for a moment, then Steve spoke. "She was holding my wrist and no, there is nothing going on." He walked over to me and held my waist. I looked up and smiled, he smiled back. "I love you" he whispered, "I love you more" I said back. Steve leaned in closer, "I don't think that's possible!" he chuckled and he kissed me. It was magical, like every other kiss we shared.