10. Turmoil

— • —

— • —

         "I say this because I love you–you need to get your shit together or get out."

          I don't know how to deal with conflict, or more specifically, conflict with Isaac. He wasn't someone like my mom, where I could cut him out of my life without the slightest bit of remorse. He was someone I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with, he wasn't temporary, so what do you do in that situation? Probably not what I'm doing, which is avoiding him at all costs. It wasn't one of my smarter ideas, I'm well aware of that, but I couldn't risk facing him and not knowing what the hell to say. So I did what I did best, hid and wallowed in self pity.

         Mandy hates me for it. Not because she hates me or my idea, in fact she agreed that hiding was probably my best bet until I figured out my life, but she quickly changed her mind when it was her apartment I found shelter in. I mean, it's not like I could hide in my house, Isaac and my mother both know where that is. And he also knew where Selena lived, so she wasn't an option either. It was really only Mandy's house that remained hidden, leaving it as my only option.

         Looking up from my laptop, I saw Mandy standing with her arms crossed over her chest, eyebrows furrowed. "I agreed because I thought you'd have your mind made up by three days, but you haven't, which I totally get but..." she hesitated for a moment, making me raise an eyebrow. "But I wanna get laid and you're being a total cockblock by being here."

          "You're kicking me out so you can have sex?" I can't say I wasn't surprised. After all, this is Mandy, she didn't have a single mean bone in her body. It'd make sense that she'd only kick me out for something as minuscule as hooking up. "That's...fine. I'll just spend the night at Tom's."

          Mandy's face fell. "You mean Tom's been an option this whole time?"

          I shrugged, lowering my laptop screen. "I mean, Isaac knows he lives in that building, but he doesn't know what apartment, and I don't think he's crazy enough to try to find out." Or at least I hope he isn't. "I'll just call Tom and–"

          "You don't want to resolve this with Isaac, do you?" I stopped my movement, gaze snapping back to Mandy, who's lips were tugged into a deep frown. "Is that why you don't want to talk to him? You don't know how to break it to him?"

           That wasn't it. Or at least I don't think it is. I don't want to end things with Isaac. So we hit a few bumps in the road, what couple doesn't? Well, I've only had one another boyfriend besides him, and we never got into little spats like Isaac and I do, and we weren't even soulmates. But that's just one relationship. What do I know? This could be normal for soulmates, it's not like I have anything else to go off of. Only the thousands and thousands of stories published in the magazine that spoke about the perfect relationship of soulmates, and my sister and her husband, and can't forget my parents. All soulmates that I haven't seen fight as often as myself and Isaac, but every relationship is different, right?