New Arrivals

Neither RWBY or Bakugan belong to me.

Ozpin's POV:

Ozpin watched as another Atlas frigate came in to land on the platform in front of the school as gunships circled around in formation, Professor Goodwitch at his side.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly likes bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore.

A glow coming from his desk caught Ozpin's eyes, leading them to a small screen with the words "Entry Requested".

Ozpin: Come in.

The elevator doors opened, revealing Ironwood in his usual white suit.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin: (steps around his desk) Hello,
General.

Ironwood: (moving forward and shaking Ozpin's hand) Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long. And Glynda! It's been far too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James. (to Ozpin) I'll be outside.

Ironwood: (as she walked to the elevator) Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: (walking back to his desk) So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? (Pours coffee into a mug) Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival.

Ironwood: (takes the offered mug and pours in a liquid from his flask) Well, you know how I like Vale this time of year. Besides, with you hosting, I saw it as a good opportunity to catch up.

Ozpin: (smiles as he walks to his seat before pouring his own cup) I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends. However, the small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult-

Ironwood: Oz, we both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin: (sighs) We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: Oz, we can't just pretend nothing is going on anymore. Not after what I've heard. I've gotten reports from across Remnant about creatures the size of buildings, creatures that we've never seen before, and if what Qrow said was true-

Ozpin: If what Qrow has said is true, we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival; a time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent. Until we know more about these creatures you speak of, we shouldn't make assumptions that these ones are threats.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I, which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am.

He sets the mug down on the table before turning to leave when he stopped.

Ironwood: But ask yourself this. Do you honestly believe that you're children can win a war?

Ironwood soon left, the elevator doors closing behind him.

Ozpin: I hope they never have to.

Ruby's POV:

Inside the library, all of team RWBY were sitting at a table with a board game in front of them, Grimm pieces all across the map of Remnant, while Team JNPR were reading (or sleeping in Nora's case) behind them.