XXIII

During the time when the five children were battling their enemies, Alucard went after Cailean, who still had the vampire youngling in his arms, and the former had a tough time trying to catch up to him. Although he was "everywhere and nowhere", he had a hard time catching up to the enemy. When he thought he had cornered Cailean, the latter disappeared into thin air, leaving the frustrated Nosferatu to search throughout the building and go after him when he was able to track him down. Truth be told, Alucard had never pursued an enemy this way, and he was taken aback by how fast and agile this man was.

Finally, after a long time of going on a wild goose chase, Alucard was standing face-to-face with the man who kidnapped his family inside the basement where the only light source was the fire torch place along the walls. "Give up, Cailean." he demanded with a grin. "Your men have been slain by the hands of those children, and you're the only one left in your pathetic little cult." With his ability, he needn't to contact the children and ask their situation, and needless to say, he was amazed by their abilities that enabled them to kill their enemies. He didn't expect such young human beings had monstrous powers forcibly implanted inside them, but either way, they were able to get the job done as promised by George and Ray.

"Is that so?" hummed the said man. He looked at the cooing and gurgling Dorin before back at the father and chuckled. Without hesitating, he tossed the infant, and Alucard was able to catch his son before he could fall, making sure that he wasn't hurt from the impact before looking back at the enemy.

"Now then, I suppose I'll have to kill you for what you've done to my family and Hellsing." declared Alucard with his menacing grin. "It'll be too easy if I let you go and start the same mess again with my son, the only Ultimate Vampire living in this world."

"Yes, that's true." said Cailean with a smirk, which faltered Alucard's grin as he was confused why his enemy, who was cornered by him, was showing triumph. Did he having something under his sleeves this time? That couldn't be, for all of his comrades had been killed.

"Judging by that atrocious smirk of yours, I'm assuming you have something powerful enough to kill me." said Alucard arrogantly. "But I'm not killed easily, if that is what you're foolishly thinking."

"I am aware of that." said Cailean with a shrug before his smirk stretched further. "But I'm not the one taking up that job. She is."

Alucard was confused by what he said, but his questions were answered when a familiar sweet scent reached his nose, which shocked him tremendously. He didn't want to believe it at first, wanting to think that it was an illusion casted on him. But the moment he heard someone stepping into the basement, he snapped his head towards the person. Lo and behold, there stood the woman he loved and had been missing for the past week. The very sight of her sent shivers down his spine, and it wasn't for a good reason. She looked frail and weak, as if she hadn't eaten in days. Her beautiful fair skin was covered with bruises and dried wounds, and her luscious brown locks were matted and had some blood in them. The coat she had worn on the day she left for her mission was now gone. She was adorned in a bloodied, dirtied, torn white dress, and was barefooted. He stood there with a dumbfounded expression, still trying to see that this woman was his lover. Her healthy radiance was now gone, as well as the sparkle in her boysenberry eyes that was now replaced by emptiness. He truly felt guilty for leaving her to suffer while he stayed within the walls of Hellsing Mansion.

"Frida, my Queen, is that you?" he called hesitantly, which was very odd to him as he had never hesitated before.

Instead of a response from her, Cailean said, "Oh, don't worry about that, Nosferatu. She is technically still your Queen. But whether she still has that in her mind is a question that has yet to be answered." At that note, Frida suddenly charged at Alucard, who had one arm cradling the infant and the other held up to block her punches, and began to assault him.