The Need To Kiss You

Emily's POV

"Hey, you've been spacing out on me all morning. What's up?" Tori asked me as we sat in the library after school doing homework.

I looked up at Tori. "Nothing's up. I'm just thinking." I confessed.

"Thinking about what?" She prodded.

I sigh, deciding to confide in her. "Tyler's ex girlfriend has moved back here."

Tori furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Ex girlfriend? What are you talking about?"

I have never told Tori about what Tyler told me, so I knew she would've been confused. There was no need to tell her before, but now that I wanted to explain what I was thinking, I told her everything about Andrea.

"So now she came back yesterday." I said as I finished relaying the story to her.

"Woah, that's hardcore." Tori stated. "So what's the problem?"

"I'm just worried that Tyler is going to get back together with her. I mean, I wouldn't blame him she's super pretty and perfect for him." Tori who was watching me closely lifted her eyebrows at me when I said that. "What I meant is that if Tyler goes back to her, our fake dating would be over and I would be seen by everyone has a complete fraud." I rushed to clarify.

Tori placed her pen down into her open book and gave me her full attention. "Are you sure that's the only thing bothering you?"

"Yes of course." I said too quickly, but I knew that was a lie. I tried my best to avoid Tori's intense gaze.

"Right." She replied. "Well, I don't think he's going to get back with her."

"How do you know that? You didn't see them. He did care about her once and was broken up about it when she left him." I concluded. "What would stop him from getting back with her?"

Tori smiled. "I just know. I trust my Hispanic third eye."

"Right, you and your Hispanic third eye." I stated with a laugh.

++++++

The week went by quickly and now it was Saturday. I was currently home lying in bed with a lot of thoughts running through my mind.

During the week, I haven't seen or hear anything more about Andrea. However, I was still anxious because I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen soon.

Tyler and I still kept up our fake dating, but I knew it was only a matter of time before Tyler ends it and goes back to Andrea.

I suddenly shake my head trying to clear my thoughts. We weren't really dating, so why should I care if Tyler ends it? He is a free guy, he can do anything he wants. I need to stop thinking about it.

Even though I told myself that, deep down, I did care. I felt hurt at the thought of Tyler dating another girl.

Finally getting up from my bed, I decided to get ready. Tyler had told me yesterday that his mother invited me to go on a hiking trip with them. I really didn't want to go because I was trying my best to spend less time with Tyler, but his mother really wanted me to go, so I agreed.

After I came out of the shower, I got dressed quickly. When I was ready, it was ten minutes to eleven. Tyler had told me that they were leaving at eleven.

Before I left my room, I made sure I had all the essential items: sunglasses, sunscreen, extra clothing, flashlight, first-aid supplies, blanket and my water bottle. Rachel had told me that I didn't need to pack food, because she will take care of that. To be honest, even though I was reluctant to go, I was excited about this trip. I have never gone hiking before and I was looking forward to it.