2: To Start Senior Year

ANNA watched out the window for Jack's car. Elsa told her twenty minutes ago that he was going to pick them up for school. Soon enough, the dark blue mustang pulled into the driveway and honked. "Elsa!" She called, "Jack's here!"

Anna jumped when she heard a voice behind her. "I'm right behind you," Elsa said glumly. She was wearing a black and turquoise long sleeved shirt, dark high-waisted jean shorts, and simple turquoise flats with bows. Her platinum hair was tied up in a loose bun. "What are you waiting for? Let's go."

"What about Rap?"

"Flynn is going to be here soon to get me," Rapunzel answered as she skipped down the stairs. Her hair was long and blonde again. Just yesterday she went to the salon to get it colored and have extensions put in. She wore a light pink dress and leather sandals. Her hair was braided with a flower crown.

"Oh, okay."

Anna and Elsa walked out of the house and hopped in Jack's car. Elsa in the front and Anna in the back with Emma. "Hi Snowflake!" Anna watched her sister blush slightly at the intimate nickname.

"What am I, chopped liver?"

Jack chuckled, "Greetings Anna. "

"That's more like it."

"How're you settling into Punz's?" Jack backed up the car and started heading towards the school.

Anna waited for Elsa to speak, but the tension was getting unbearable. She took it upon herself to break it, "Pretty good. Packing and unpacking took a while. You know how that goes..." She continued rambling, drawing any unwanted attention away from Elsa. She knew how much her sister hated being asked questions when she was in a funk.

Too soon Jack parked in the school's parking lot. "Sophomore year, here we come!" Emma announced as she fled the car.

"Let's do this!" Anna followed after her. They walked towards the school, but something caught Anna's eye when they got to the door. A familiar redhead was crying behind a bush. "Merida?"

Merida's head shot up, eyes pink and puffy. "I'm fine," She immediately defended. She started to stand up and walk away, but Anna walked behind the bush with her and held her back.

"No..." Anna shook her head, "You're not." She forced Merida to sit down again, and sat with her. "I have seen you like this since your mom was diagnosed with cancer. Did she go into remission?"

Merida shook her head, "no, mum's alrite."

"Then was is it?" Anna persisted.

She sniffled and looked up, "I'm sorree, I-I can't tell ya."

"Please Mer, let me help. Do you want me to get Hiccup?" Anna tried to give her a hug, but she bolted, ran out from behind the bush they were hidden behind, then up the stairs she went.

Anna could do nothing but stare at her lonely friend. Usually Hiccup would make everything okay...maybe that was why Merida was upset. Looked like she had some investigating to do; starting with interrogating Hiccup. Without a second thought, Anna hopped to her feet and went to Hiccup's locker.

FLYNN leaned against Rapunzel's locker. It was after first period and he had nothing better to do than wait for her. He knew she had Trigonometry, which was on the opposite end of the school, first hour so she would be a while yet.

Of course, he didn't mind. He would wait until the end of time for that girl. She was so unique, so pure, so good. He couldn't help but love her, everyone did.

"You might want to stop drooling before she gets here." Kristoff remarked. Anna smirked next to him.

"Ha ha." Flynn deadpanned. He glared at Kristoff.