Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier

Rolling my eyes, I pulled the slip of paper out and read it, letting out a frustrated sigh.  "Bucky," I whispered, "I got Bucky."

    Tony snickered and I looked at him with a death glare.  Glancing over at Cap and Bucky, I saw Steve whispering something in the Winter Soldier's ear.  Bucky's face turned pink and he slowly made his way to the closet where I was waiting.  Once we were both soundly inside, Tony all but slammed the door shut.

    I leaned against the wall and slid down into a sitting position.  It wasn't that I disliked Bucky at all.  He just seemed to make it a point to avoid me, so I decided to just assume he wanted not a damn thing to do with me.  Which was fine by me.  If he wasn't so goddamn attractive and mysterious.

    I looked up to see him leaning against the opposite wall, his metal arm reflecting the dim light from outside the closet.  I could tell he was avoiding eye contact, which didn't surprise me in the least.  I wanted to know why he apparently found me so repulsive.  Or maybe I didn't. 

    "So you just gonna sit there starin at me, doll?"

    My jaw dropped at his comment, which caused me to shake my head vehemently.  "No, I just...I...shit, never mind."  I looked away.

    "Clearly you've got somethin on your mind, or you wouldn't be biting your lip like that."

    Damn.  How did he notice that?  I decided to come out with it.  "Alright, fine.  What exactly have I done to earn your disdain, Barnes?"

    I heard a deep laugh.  "Disdain, is it?  Hmm."  He crawled toward me, stopping at a fair distance, but close enough that I could see the reflection of his sharp blue eyes.  "And what exactly makes you think you've done anything to earn my...disdain, (L/n)?"

    I pinched the bridge of my nose, wishing I'd kept my mouth shut.  "I don't know, maybe the fact that as soon as I start walking toward you, you run the other way?  You avoid me at any cost and might I add that what you just said is the most you've bothered to speak to me since I started working here?"

    Bucky moved forward again, this time getting uncomfortably close.  "Did you ever stop to consider I'm just shy?  Or that maybe I wasn't sure how to approach a woman who could so easily render me useless?"

    His eyes met mine with a harsh glare and I felt my mouth go dry.  "Useless?  How so?"

    He grinned in a way I'd never have expected from a former HYDRA assassin.  His face was so close to mine, I could feel his breath.  "Because whenever I'm around you, I find it extremely difficult to think about anything else."

    For a moment, I was convinced the closet had become a vacuum.  I bit my lip again and took a breath to regain my composure.  "You know...for an almost 100-year old man, you're pretty smooth."

    Now it was the soldier's turn to bite his lip.  Oh, lord, my heart was racing painfully fast.  Bucky leaned in close and pressed his lips to mine.

    I wasn't quite sure how I should react.  My body, however, took over for me.  I pressed back, moving up to my knees to get a little better leverage on him.  His hands reached up to frame my face and a jumped a little at the coldness of his metal fingers.  He backed away quickly.  "I'm sorry, it felt right."

    I shook my head and smiled.  "No, no, I was just surprised is all.  It was nice."

    His flesh hand stroked my cheek gently.  "Good to know I haven't lost it in my old age," he joked.

    My lips curved into a wide grin.  "I guess not, Barnes."

    "Call me Bucky, please."

    "Alright...Bucky."  My nose bumped his gently and I turned my face to pull him into another kiss.  This one was more insistent, intent even.  He pushed me back so that he was laying on top of me on the floor.  I felt his metal hand slide up my leg and under the hem of my shirt.  The cold contact made me shiver, but it felt like a relief when my body was getting way too hot.  His body was pressed hard against mine, his kiss full of need and want.

    "Well, damn Buck, I said ask the girl out, not to start fonduing in the closet."  Steve's voice brought us both back to reality and we looked up, seeing the Captain and Sam chuckling at our present predicament.  Bucky stood up and held out his hand to assist my standing.  Brushing myself off, I left the closet and sat on a couch. 

    Bucky sat beside me, grinning mischievously.  "So, I guess now would be a good time to ask you out then, since Steve spoiled my moment for me?"

    I laughed a bit, then patted his shoulder.  "Sure, Buck.  Pick me up at 7 tomorrow, ok?"

    He took my hand, kissing it softly.  "As you wish."

    I gave him a smirk.  "I understood that reference."