I don't know how he knew, and frankly I don't care how, but the DJ must have hit play, because the song Iris by the GooGoo Dolls began playing quietly for us to dance to when we were halfway to the floor.

As soon as the lyrics began, we began another waltz. Our movements were completely in sync, and slowly, again, our movements became more and more elaborate. Twirls and spins mixed with our waltzing, and our emotions spun together into a pool of passion and love and adoration as we completed our dance in a much simpler fashion this time.

Our dancing slowed until finally, we stopped at the same time as the music.

Our eyes were stuck on each other's as he slowly leaned in. I leaned forward slightly, standing further onto my toes until our lips met.

I melted into the kiss, my lips and stomach lit on fire as slowly, I wound one of my hands into his hair at the base of his neck. I tightened my grip on the hand that had already been holding his, and electricity shot through my body. Spock moaned lightly into my mouth as I weaved my fingers with his. He moved his free hand to hold me behind my neck, tilting my head slightly as he began kissing me deeper. I felt his love and passion pour into me as I let my love and passion pour into him. I never felt such emotion, and I had never been so content in someone's presence.

Finally, we pulled away from each other, each of us out of breath.

"I never want you to ask me that question again," Spock murmured. I nodded, my eyes captured by his. "As I have never felt such emotion as I do when I am with you. I am, and will always be... in love with you."

I captured his lips with my own again, squeezing his hand to my own once more and was once again lost in all of him. Finally, I pulled away, our foreheads still touching.

"I'm so in love with you, Spock," I whispered breathlessly. "But... you are leaving. How am I supposed to-"

"I'm not going anywhere," he told me. "You never let me finish what I was saying. I was distraught because I missed my mother as well as my home planet, and I was unhappy that I sent a response to the council. They had asked me of my intentions and I told them I was staying in Starfleet. It was upsetting to see I would not be a part of rebuilding my planet. I was filled with anxiety and some fear when I saw you, because I was afraid of what your reaction might be. I could not leave you, Maeve. You mean more to me than I ever imagined possible."

I was frozen for a moment, trying to process the information. Tears welled in my eyes as I looked up to the man I loved with all of my heart. The man I thought I would never have.

Tears streamed from my eyes again as I practically jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him fiercely. When I pulled away, he looked at me, confused.

"Your tears convey sadness-"

"No, Spock," I said with a breathless laugh, taking my arms from his neck and instead holding his hands lightly with my fingers. "I'm happier than I ever have been. I never thought this day would come, I... thank you, Spock. Thank you so much."

"T'hy'la," he murmured, his eyes closed as he pulled me closer, placing his forehead on mine.

"T'hy'la," I murmured back before he squeezed my hand tightly, making me hiss in ecstasy.

"Maeve?" he asked, letting go of my hand, and moving it to brush against my collar bone.

"Yes?" I breathed, my forehead still pressed to his.

"Would you do me the honor of... becoming my t'hy'la?" My eyes shot open.

"You mean... perform a mind-meld?" I asked him.