"I agree," she told me with a wink and a look. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were hiding something."

"Hiding something?" I asked, confused.

"Hello, what would you like to drink?" The waitress came up to ask.

"Just water for me, please," Amanda asked.

"Make that two," I agreed with a smile. I didn't feel so lonely now, usually I was the only one who ever asked for water.

"Perhaps the waitress wasn't so wrong yesterday?" she asked and I nearly choked on air.

"E-excuse me?" I asked, incredulous. My heart was racing and I knew my face was greener than the Irish grass. "N-no, really, we're friends. We don't even know each other well enough to be romantically involved in any way-"

"Well to be honest, I'd love to see you with Spock," she elaborated. "You've brought out a side of him I haven't seen since he was eight, and I love it. He's happy when he's with you, he really is."

"Amanda, I don't know what to-"

"Is everything alright, Maeve? You seem agitated," I heard Spock ask me from behind. I had been so flustered I hadn't even felt his confusion from behind me. I jumped.

"Y-yes, yes, I'm fine, please, sit down," I invited, unable to meet his eyes.

"Are you certain?"

"Of course," I told him quietly as he chose the seat next to me. I glanced up at Amanda for a moment.

She winked at me.

"Oh my God, she tried to set you up with the Commander!?" she asked half-excited, half-incredulous.

"Not... necessarily."

"Well sorta," she said, suddenly forgetting about her henna design halfway through. "Oh my God, she's right though."

"What?"

"You guys would be like... the perfect couple," she said, a grin growing with her excited and mischievous emotions.

"Stop it, Nina, it's not going to happen! He's a Commander... and my professor! Stop it and leave me alone!"

"Oh come on, you can't deny-"

"Incoming call from Commander Spock," the computer called out. Nina gave me a mischievous look and I glared quickly before jogging into the living area.

"Computer, answer call," I called out. Suddenly Spock's screen lit up the screen and I smiled. "Good evening, Spock."

"Good evening, Maeve," he greeted. "I have just been made aware that my mother wishes for you to accompany me to send her off when she boards the flight to Vulcan with my father at 0700 hours tomorrow morning."

"Hmm," I thought for a moment. "Where do we have to bring her?"

"She and my father are taking off from Starfleet headquarters, no more than twenty minutes walk from here," he told me.

"I should have time," I told him. "What time are we meeting? Should I eat breakfast?"

"We will be meeting at the fountain again at approximately 0620 hours, and my mother wishes to take a quick stop at the coffee shop once again, so only eat if you should like to."

"Alright, I'll see you then. Thank you, Spock," I told him, a grin on my face.

"Maeve?" he asked me, almost hesitantly.