I was stunned into a silence in which my face grew to a pale green.

"Thank you, Spock."

"You are welcome," he told me.

"If I may be so bold, I seem to have found where you get your good looks as well," I teased, trying to lighten the mood and get the focus off of myself.

"Thank you," he accepted, only very slightly hesitant.

"You're welcome," I told him with a smile.

"Hello, my name's Freya and I will be your server for today. What would the happy couple like to drink?" she asked with a wink. Suddenly my ears burned green and I felt slight nervousness and embarrassment emanating from Spock.

"We-we're not a couple," I denied swiftly but politely. "And we're waiting for a third person. She and I would each like a water with lemon, please."

"As would I," Spock agreed.

"O-oh! I'm so sorry, I just heard you two complimenting each other and-I'll-I'll go get those drinks," she said, flustered. She walked away quickly and Spock and I sat in stunned (yet somehow not awkward) silence for almost three minutes before Amanda finally came back.

"I leave for almost ten minutes and neither of you speak? I thought you two were friends!" I jumped, suddenly shocked from my reverie as Amanda took her spot next to Spock.

I couldn't help it.

I burst out laughing.

"He said you were beautiful?"

"It was probably just his human half talking," I told her, my face green all over again.

"Yeah, okay, right. Well, what about today? You seemed to have something on your mind when you walked in."

"We met at the coffee shop this time and then we spent a lot of time at the park before we had the picnic I packed, then we took a shuttle to spend time walking on the beach, and then we had dinner and came back here."

"Then what were you thinking about when you came in?" she asked, confused. "What happened?"

"Amanda had a conversation with me during dinner," I told her, unable to stop the blush from spreading across my nose and the tips of my ears.

"About what?" she prompted, excited.

I sat at the table with Spock and Amanda, happy to finally sit down once again.

"Spock, would you mind to go get us some tickets for the next shuttle?" Amanda asked. "Let us two women relax and chat for a moment?" Despite his curious look, he nodded, turning to walk to the building across the street.

"Are you having a good time, Amanda?" I asked her. She grinned at me again.

"I'm having a wonderful time. You know, you've changed Spock."

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

"No, no, in a good way. He seems... happier. More like he enjoys his time," she told me. "You know, he talks about you all the time. And I can tell he enjoys your company. I don't think I've ever seen him so relaxed before."

There was a green flush making its way back onto my cheeks.

"He's a wonderful friend," I told her. "He and I value each other's intellect as well as each other's talents, and although recently my personality has somewhat changed, I found that our personalities work together wonderfully... Even more so now than before, I think."