How you meet | Preference

A/n: Hey guys! I've gotten to a weird point in life that even my vacation is busy :/ Sorry about that. I hope you like it!

Just asking, who's your favorite turtle? mine would probably have to be Donnie.

Enjoy~

Leo: It was a late evening when you decided to go for a walk. You were constantly told that walking alone at night wasn't a good idea, but your curiosity always got the best of you, so you explored the city. Nothing bad had ever happened to you, but tonight was different. A gang of thugs had cornered you in an alleyway.

"Please, leave me alone. I don't have any money," you told them, trying to stay calm.

"Girl," the leader of the gang said, "you best give us everything you have or I'll let him have his way." He gestured over to a different member of the gang. He held a large knife in his hand, twirling it in his hand with a large smirk on his face.

"I already told you, I have no money," you pleaded once more.

"Well, that's too bad, I guess."

But he didn't seem very disappointed when he sent the tall man holding the knife at you. You tried to back up, but your back pressed against the brick wall behind you. You closed your eyes in fear as you practically felt the man's breath, which reeked of alcohol.

You honestly thought it might be your end, but someone knocked the man to the ground.

Whoever it was, they were fast. Fast enough to knock the whole gang to the ground in a few short moments. You looked around for the person, but they seemed to have vanished.

"Hello?" You asked, wanting to see if the person who saved you was still there somewhere. "Are you still here?"

Immediately you were answered, the person jumping out of the shadows and into the alley. Still, it was still dark enough that you couldn't see them completely.

"Uh, thank you," You said.

"You're welcome," the voice said. "But are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," you replied, squinting your eyes to try and see him.

The man seemed to notice this, because he said: "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"And why's that?" Once again your curiosity took over.

"I'm not exactly a sight for sore eyes, ma'am."

"Just step into the damn light."

The man did as you said, and you immediately gasped.

Standing in front of you was a giant humanoid turtle. He had two swords in his hands. A blue mask wrapped around his head, and even brighter blue eyes.

"Yeah, I told you," he said, seeming a bit saddened by your gasp.

But you weren't scared, you were more interested and thankful. "It doesn't matter how you look. You still saved me."

"I'm Leo." He smiled.

"I'm (y/n)." You returned the smile.

Suddenly his phone went off, causing him to grab it. He looked at the message before looking back at you. "I have to get going. Family problems."

"Oh, okay."

You both stood there awkwardly for a moment. But he eventually said: "I should walk you home, it's getting late—I mean, that's if it's okay."

"Yes, that's fine," you reassured him.

Your talk with him made the walk home go fast, too fast, even if it was a short walk in the first place. You almost didn't want him to leave, but you knew it would be the best, for both of you.