001: No Longer The Fool

Start from the beginning

The tall blonde man, "Yi'er?"

Shinyi nods as he studies his sibling that he had wished to see so much in his past life. They all unhesitantly gave away their life for him so that he could live on, even when they were at their last breath they had a face of satisfaction as if they had no regrets in their actions.

The feelings that Shingyi had thought had long died off, came alive once more and surged in his heart. The last 8 years of his life was filled with anger and loneliness as he had been caged up and hunted like an animal. Feeling his nose become sour and his heart begin to race faster, Shinyi's eyes starts to tear up.

Recalling this point in his past life, Shinyi had woken up in the hospital as well but he had somehow gotten amnesia and forgotten his past, even his siblings. The Shinyi that woke up that year was quiet and timid, he was also somewhat autistic and had a hard time expressing himself. But his siblings didn't care, they only cared that he woke up. Afterwards they swore to take care of him and never let anything happen to him again.

That Shinyi grew up protected and sheltered, but even the best armors has it's flaws. Others took advantage of Shinyi and made use of him over and over again, and because he had difficulty expressing his feelings to his siblings, he became a scapegoat and an outlet to let others vent on.

But that Shinyi was no longer here, the Shinyi that woke up wasn't the naïve, gullible, and easy to threaten child but someone who had survived in the apocalypse for almost 12 years. He wouldn't make the same mistakes once again, this time he would be the one protecting them. Even though his body isn't well right now and he was weak, he had time to get everything prepared.

Having been in a coma for 5 years, Shinyi's voice is hoarse and raspy as he quietly called out. "...Dage."

Xiu Yushen, who had the blonde hair eyes watered as he stared at his youngest brother who had been kidnapped and taken away at the age of 5. Yushen's voice was shaky, scared that what he saw in front of him was just an illusion. "Yi'er. Yi'er. Yi'er!"

Yushen dashed and gripped onto Shinyi's skinny hand. Shinyi faintly smiles at his bro-con eldest brother. Xiu Yujin's dazzling light grey teared up and he slowly walked over to the side of Shinyi's bed. He had on a bitter smile, "Yi'er... it's great that you're awake..."

Xiu Quiyue ran over, her long golden locks flew behind her. "Wuu~~ Yi'er! Thank god *sob* you're awake. *sob* *sob*"

Xiu Shunyu was the last to walk over, being Shinyi's elder twin brother they resembled each other. The only difference was that Shinyi's hair grew out to his lower back and he had clear gleaming sapphire eyes and Shunyu had short hair and his eyes were a deep emerald color.

A teardrop falls from his pretty eyes as he gently calls out, "Yi'er..."

Shunyu's water dam breaks as the tears overflow from his eyes. Shinyi's once ice cold heart thaws, he calls out in his heart. Thank you.

Yushen presses the button and calls over the nurse immediately afterwards and in comes the doctor and three nurses. They surround Shinyi and does a check up on his body before asking him some questions.

Having gone through hell once, Shinyi's acting was considerably good as he acted as a lost and innocent child. After the doctors they left, his siblings would chat with him. Talking about everything that happened while Shinyi was in a coma.

Shinyi just put on a deadpan face while he smiled from time to time, his siblings didn't question him much as they had thought that from he might've suffered a trauma from his past and didn't want to remind him of it.

By the time Shinyi knew it, half a year went by. Everyday consisted of eating three healthy meal, rehabilitating, and listening to his siblings everyday life. Because he had been in a coma for so long, his muscles needed to retrain and so he had to learn how to walk and write again. But Shinyi didn't mind, as long as he was given the chance he would take it.