Chapter 14: Heartbreaker

Alex's POV:
It was a very dark and rainy night. My parents had went out. It had been a couple days since Kevin and I had broken up. I was back at home, laying in my bed listening to the sounds of the rain outside. JoJo's rendition of "Marvin's Room" was blasting through my speaker.
I heard really loud music blasting, but I couldn't put my finger on where it was coming from. I turned the music down on my phone and listened closely.
"Don't tell me I'm a heartbreaker, cause girl, my heart's breaking."
I finally figured out that it was coming from outside. I got out of my bed and opened my curtains to look out of my window.
There was a truck in my driveway. The music was obviously blasting from it. I tried to see if I could make out who was in the driver's seat. Before I knew it, I saw Kevin's face looking up at me.
My eyes widened and I closed my curtains immediately. I sighed.
"Why is he here?" I yelled at myself.
I went to my closet and got a hoodie to get into and headed outside.
As I was walking out to the truck, I started hearing the lyrics:
Girl you see me standing here, standing in the rain, oh baby
I approached the driver's side of the truck. I heard the music lower, and then the window rolled down. Right there was Kevin, looking into my eyes with the beautiful hazel ones I've looked into so many times.
"Are you crazy? What are you doing here?"
"Alex," he looked down sadly, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry for getting an attitude with you when you were just trying to be a good girlfriend. I'm sorry. I want you back."
"Why would you drive 14 hours to come see me?" I asked.
He sighed and looked down again, and then answered looking back up at me,
"Because I love you."
I looked at him in shock.
"You- you what?" I stuttered.
I backed up as he opened the door to get out of the truck. He didn't even care about how wet he was getting from the rain.
"Alex...I love you. I'm in love with you. Why else would I drive this far for you? Every moment we had together was special. When we met, the dance, the kiss. I loved every moment of being with you. I'm sorry for hurting you. I was stupid to do such a thing to the best girl I've ever been with. I'm sorry."
I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.
"If you loved me, you wouldn't lie to me. But if I'm going to get angry at you for lying, I'm going to come clean, too."
"What? What do you mean?"
"When we met at the Dunkin Donuts, that wasn't the first time we met. We met at your concert the day before."
"Huh?"
"I had been a fan of you and the boys for two years. But you were my favorite member, I saw something special in you. Two whole years. I was your biggest fan. I felt like the saddest girl ever because I loved y'all so much, and just wanted to at least be your friend. Y'all all had great personalities from what I saw. I even had a fan page, but I deactivated it when we started dating. I was so sad my mom took me to a counselor because I wouldn't open up to her about how I was feeling. My dream was just to be yours. I didn't care if that meant as a friend or a girlfriend, I just wanted to be something to you. And that night I met you at the Atlanta show, I thought you would forget my face the next day. But you kind of didn't. You asked have we met before, so you recognized me a little. I didn't tell you this, because I didn't want you to see me as every other girl that's obsessed with you. I wanted to be someone different. And the craziest part ever is that I felt like I was. It felt like a dream. But no, you played me. And I should've expected it. You're Kevin Alston. You're a popular teenage singer that girls love. I should've known you were a player. So I guess we're both young and dumb. You made my dream finally come true, and then you crushed it."
I was looking down as tears were falling from my eyes.
"Alex, I'm so sor..."
"I think you should leave, Kev."
"But..."
"I never want to see you again! Just leave, Kev. Go!"
He sighed and turned back around to the truck to open the door, and got back in soaking wet. The rain drops were dripping from his curls.
I continued to cry. I wiped the tears from my eyes with my hand and slapped my leg waiting for him to leave.
As he was in the seat with the window still down, he looked down at something and picked it up. It was the necklace. He reached his arm out of the window and put his name into my hand.
"Just keep this for me."
He sighed as he turned his head away from me. He rolled the window up. I watched as he started backing out and turned the music back up. When he was out of the driveway and on the road, I heard the end of the song:
You told me to be careful with your heart, your heart