Chapter 11: Caught

Kevin and I had been together for a month at the time. It was one of the best feelings ever. I couldn't stop playing "Into You" by Sydney Renae, because it really described the feelings I had for him. I couldn't let him know that, though. It would gas his head up too much.
Before he left to go back to New York, he had given me a necklace of his name. I wore it everyday. It meant a lot to me.
I also deactivated my fan page. I felt like a part of me was gone, but at the same time, I gained a new one.
Summer had just started, and my mom and I were flying out to New York to go visit some friends, so I thought that would be the perfect opportunity to go surprise Kevin. We did have the long distance relationship going on and all.
As we were in our hotel room after we had already seen our friends, I had texted Daniel and asked if he knew where Kevin was.

Me: Hey, do you know where Kev is? I'm in town and I wanted to surprise him
Dani🤘🏼🖤: Sorry Alex, I'm not too sure
Me: Oh okay, thanks anyway 💞

Since Daniel didn't know where he was, I was just going to text Kevin and casually talk to him like always, and see if he would tell me somehow without me asking.
His name in my phone was now "Kev🤞🏽❤️" for obvious reasons.

Me: Hey babe, how's it going
Kev🤞🏽❤️: Hey and nun much just chillin at home wbu
Me: Same lol
I obviously answered this way since I didn't want him to know I was here.
Kev🤞🏽❤️: Yeah I'll ttyl tho luv u ❣️
Me: Okayyy ly2

"That was weird," I thought to myself. Our conversations were never that short. He probably was taking a nap or something, though, so I just brushed it off. We were staying in New York for a couple of days so I could just see him another time.

"I'm gonna go to Dunkin Donuts," I told my mom.
"Okay, honey. See you later."
I walked down to the parking lot and drove over there. When I got there, of course I ordered the usual large hot coffee. I smiled because it reminded me of the day Kevin and I first met. I never knew it would come to this.
It was almost like I could hear his ugly but adorable laugh. That made me smile too. But I could hear it a little too well...
I turned around to see the back of Kevin's head at a table, I knew those curls anywhere. There was a girl sitting in front of him, laughing with him. She was pretty. She looked Hispanic, probably Puerto Rican, with long dark hair. After they were done laughing, he started whispering to her with her hand in his, rubbing it with his thumb. She smiled and giggled at whatever he said.
This is when I was done. I starting walking over to the table.
"Ma'am, your coffee!" I heard the employee shouting behind me.
I stood right behind Kevin with my arms crossed when I got to the table. The girl he was with saw me, and her smile dropped. She slid her hand out of his. Kevin turned his head around confused until he saw me, then he just looked shocked.

"Just chillin at home, huh?"