How It All Began + 11 Years Ago

Start from the beginning

It all started when I first met.... The Splendorman.

It was a few years back; I was wandering around on my own one day, exploring to the point I eventually got lost-in the woods nearby the town I live in. I became scared and figured I would never find my way home, so I sat beside a tree till the sky became dark, hoping someone would find me. To the very least of my expectations a, very tall man wearing a colorful polka dotted black suit and a top hat appeared to me and offered to helped me find my way home.

I was seven at the time, so because I was so entranced by his happy nature and his bright colors and cheerful face, I gladly accepted his help. He introduced himself to me as Splendorman, and I told him my name. We talked like we were best friends all the way out of the forest. When I saw that we had reached outside of the forest and I knew my way home from there, I had begged The Splendorman to come home with me.

He said he couldn't come home with me, but he said he promised that he would one day return, and he would remain my best friend forever. He kept that promise.

Months later from our first meeting, I began to see The Splendorman again. He would visit my home and we would play together all the time. He'd even give me brand new toys from the place where he lived; he'd say he got them from one of his friends he lived with.

I began to get curious about The Splendorman and I wanted to know more about him and where he came from. He told me about this place he lived—a huge mansion where a lot of people lived. He told me they were killers, but didn't want me to refer to them as killers, since it wasn't a "nice term."

He told me about three other brothers he had—The Slenderman, The Offenderman, and The Trendyman. I was so fascinated by the fact that there were more strange looking tall beings like Splendorman, and I badly wanted to see them.

Splendorman told me that it was too dangerous for me to meet them, and that it would be safer if I only stuck with knowing him.

"But Mr. Splendorman! I really want to see the huge mansion and play with the Creepypastas and meet your other tall brothers!"

"Now now (Y/N), I'm only trying to keep you safe. It's already dangerous that I am here with you like this. I assure you....one day, I will take you to the mansion to meet the pastas. But for now, please be happy that I am here with you. And I promise, I always will be."

To this day, The Splendorman has kept his promise to me. It had been quite a few years since I first met him in the woods, and he still came to my home everyday. We didn't really play much anymore, since I'd gotten older, but we did other things like play video games and watch TV and make cookies and stuff. Well...at least Splendor did the cookies.

The best part about all of it is-Splendor never got caught or seen by my parents...which was pretty damn convenient!

You see, my parents were always busy folk, so I'd spend most of my time at home alone. Whenever I came home from school, Splendy (as I liked to call him since childhood) would already be waiting in my bedroom to greet me. If I had a rough day at school, he'd always comfort me and cheer me up. Then, we'd play video games together or eat a bunch of snacks—only if I had my homework done.

The only sucky thing about Splendy was that he got serious when it came to my homework, and made sure I had it all done before we could play, especially math of all things, which sucked. He said he probably picked it up from his brother, The Slenderman, who is always interested in work.

Anyways, me meeting Splendorman and him sticking around all those years was only the beginning of my journey into the world of Creepypasta, and the first step taken to me meeting the three other entities that would change my life forever.