Chapter 13 - Apologies and Confessions

Start from the beginning

He hugged her tighter and whispered back, "You will never lose me, M'Lady." Normally she would have groaned or rolled her eyes at his nickname, but at this moment, she loved that name. She could have stayed in his embrace forever, but it was soon interrupted by a beeping in her ear, notifying that she only had one minute before she would change back. She didn't move, not wanting to leave his arms, but Chat knew that she couldn't reveal her identity to him, so her unwrapped his arms from her and pulled her to her feet. 

"It's okay, Bugaboo, I'm here. But for now, you need to go detransform." She nodded, wiping away the last of the tears from her eyes and reaching for her yo-yo. She looked around anxiously for it, and Chat laughed. "Sorry, I had to use it earlier." He handed it back to her and she immediately flew off. She landed in a nearby alley and was engulfed in pink sparkles just before she hit the ground. Tikki flew out of her earings and took a deep breath. 

"Are you okay, Marinette?" Tikki asked sympathetically as she hugged Marinette's cheek. Marinette nodded and rubbed her eyes. 

"I'll be fine, Tikki. What about you? You must be worn out." She replied with a breath.

"I am, but it's okay. I grabbed a cookie before we left, so I'll eat that and be fine." She smiled before flying into Marinette's bag.

Marinette nodded and began walking back towards her home at the bakery when her phone began to ring. Marinette jumped, startled, but pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen. It was Adrien. She took a deep breath and answered.

"Adrien, hi! I almost -" She began.

"Marinette! Are you okay? I hope that akuma didn't get to you! It was terrifying and really dangerous and I don't want you to be hurt or scared or anything." Adrien rushed with worry in his voice.

"Adrien. Adrien!" She stopped him. "I'm okay. It, uh, it didn't get to me." She lied, a stray tear rolling down her cheek. She heard him let out a long breath that he had obviously been holding in.

"I'm so glad. I heard that the akuma got to Ladybug and it was really bad. I didn't want you to go through the same thing." He explained lovingly.

"I'm on my way over, assuming you still want me to. If not, I can-"

"Oh! Yes, yeah! I'll see you soon, angel." He replied.

"See you soon." She said before hanging up. She quickly wiped away the tear and turned around, walking towards the Agreste manor.

Adrien paced nervously by the front door. He knew it was the right thing to do, but he was still terrified. He jumped when he heard a knock at the door. He rushed towards it, trying to calm his nerves on the way, and opened it. Marinette stood there with a smile on her face, but her eyes were puffy. She walked inside and Adrien immediately picked her up and twirled her around, planting a kiss on her lips. When he set her down, he gave her a stern look.

"You lied to me didn't you." He scolded.

Marinette was mortified. He knew about Chat Noir! He called her over to yell at her for cheating. How did he know? Maybe he doesn't.

"Wha- What do you mean?" She asked. She tried to sound innocent but failed miserably.

"You said the akuma didn't get to you!" He explained with worry in his eyes and seriousness in his voice. Marinette tried not to show her relief.

"I- uh, I didn't want you to worry about me. I'm fine, really." She lied. It seemed to work because his face softened. 

"I'll always worry about you, angel. I love you." He replied gently. He leaned in and pressed his lips softly to her forehead.