Chapter Thirty-six

BROOKLYN

BROOKLYN

"That dress is gorgeous," I say as Tori stands in front of a mirror in her bridesmaid dress.

The dress is off the shoulder and rose gold. The color fits my wedding's theme perfectly as it goes with the golds.

"Yeah, good thing I'm in my first trimester right?" She laughs.

It's good now that she can look back and laugh about this. I remember when I got pregnant I was very scared at first, then mother instincts kick in. It's like all the fear leaves my body as I need to be strong for my baby.

"Yeah." I laugh.

"What about the flowers?" Tori says as she goes behind a curtain to get changed.

"We have to go after to the flower shop after this." I shudder at the words. Do I want to go to that horrible place? No, I don't. But, do I have too? Yes, I do.

"Okay let's go" She smiles as she walks out of the dressing room, dress in hand.

***

A bell signals us walking into the flower arrangement store. Goosebumps erupt on my skin as I walk through the glass door.

A young man with glasses comes around to help us get what we need. In response, I give him a white piece of paper that has all the information.

"I'll go put this into the computer in the back." He smiles then walks off.

"How are you and Spencer?" Tori says as she leans against the front counter.

"I ended things and he found out about the baby," I mumble.

"Wait, you told him?" She raises an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Not exactly." I begin. "He read my hospital chart and asked me about it about a week ago."

"Oh." Tori mumbles.

"Yeah, I just don't want to talk about it right now," I whisper as the clerk opens the back door.

"We will deliver them in seven days at eight am in the morning." He smiles.

"Thank you," I say before we walk out the door.

"Do you want to go to Cal's Café?" Tori asks.

I reply with a nod and we begin to walk down the block towards the café.

"When you said you had a fallout with Spencer I got to thinking. Do you think he will come to the wedding?"

Do I think he will he will show up? Not really. Why would he show up at my wedding now? I honestly don't think he will show up and I think it would be less chaotic is he doesn't show.

"I honestly hope not," I answer truthfully.

"Speaking of relationships, what are you going to do now that Grayson is gone?" I ask.

"Honestly it could be Dillon. I was going to ask him to take a test to find out. I just hope that he doesn't freak out." She mumbles.

"Oh, well I wish you the best and I hope we can both be happy." I smile.

"I just can't believe you are getting married in two days." She squeals.

You're not the only is what I wanted to say, but I couldn't bring myself to say it.