Chapter Four

BROOKLYN

BROOKLYN

"That's so pretty." Tori smiles.

I was standing in front of my best friend and, soon to be, mother in law in a gorgeous wedding dress.

It was strapless with shimmering beading. The dress was more of a ball gown than the fitted dress that I was looking for.

"It's beautiful honey," Gloria says.

Even though in the movies the mother in law seems to be a monster, Gloria is supportive. I haven't been able to talk about it, but when my mother died in a car accident a few months ago she was there. She acts like my mother and I am thankful for her being here. I don't have very much family support since I was an only child when my mother died.

My father isn't in my life anymore. Ever since my mom died he has been at bars and clubs getting drunk. He would sometimes come home and hurt me. The scars will heal, but the mental aspect never did.

I always pictured that perfect day when my father would walk me down the aisle and give me away to the love of my life. That dream will never be a reality. I guess that's the only part of my wedding that I am dreading. I'll be walking down the aisle alone.

"I think I'm going to try on the next one," I say, walking out of the room.

When I walk back in I'm wearing an amazing gown. It is fitted and hugs my curves. The arms are lace and back in swooped down low. It's not too revealing and it's perfect.

"You look amazing!" Tori exclaims as a tear threatens to fall down her tan cheek.

Gloria gets up and engulfs me in a hug. "Your mom would be so proud of you and I know she is watching you right now. I know it. I bet you took her breath away as well," she whispers in my ear.

I was trying to be so strong today. Millions of emotions are running over me. It's as if my mother is right here with me and telling me that I found my dress.

"Thank you," I say as she releases me from her grip and a tear falls along my cheek.

"I assume we found the dress." A lady with blonde hair comes into the room. She was the girl that helped me pick out all of the dresses.

"Yes, here." Gloria gets her credit card out and hands it to the blonde lady.

"What are you doing?" I ask in a shocked voice.

It was nice of her to pay for it, but this probably cost thousands of dollars and I had some money saved up to pay for it.

"I got it, honey," she says. "Go get changed."

"Thank you," I say before I get changed back into my leggings, sweatshirt, and running shoes.

Once I come out Gloria tells me that she'll take the dress back to her house to keep until the wedding. That way Liam won't see it and I won't find it tempting to play dress up anytime soon.

"Want to head to the coffee shop?" Tori asks as Gloria walks out of the dress shop.

"Sure," I say as it was right across the street.

Once we open the door to Cal's Café a similar tune is played by the bell above. Eyes are drawn to us as if they were waiting on someone.

We then stroll over to the counter and order our drinks. My stomach grumbled loudly as we ordered. I didn't eat lunch so I was starving. It didn't help that pastries were staring at me through the glass.

Tori slaps me on the hand and says, "Do you want to fit in that wedding dress?" I knew she was joking, but she had a serious tone that made the barista laugh.

"She'll have a fruit bowl." Tori smiles as she takes out money and pays for the drinks and food.

"You have the expense next time," she says as we wait for our order to be ready and I nod a reply.

I start to look around the adorable little café. Books decorated bookshelves and kids sat at small tables while adults sat at larger tables and talked. I couldn't help, but imagine this as mine and Liam's future.

I then glance at the other half of the room.

What is the chance that green eyes were watching my every move?

Spencer is sitting in a chair in the corner. He makes the already small café seem smaller.

Tori taps on my shoulder and hands me my Frappuccino and fruit bowl. We then go sit in a booth on the total opposite side of Spencer.

"Is that Spencer?" Tori asks in a hushed whisper.

"Yes," I whisper back.

"What is he doing here?" She asks.

"As if I know. All I seem to know is how to run into him every five minutes," I say back.

She doesn't respond instead she seems shocked until the cushion of the booth shifts from the added weight.

"Hey."