|Chapter 2|

With a smile so bright and a vibe so light and cheery, our girl, (Y/N) placed a black and take-out coffee on the counter before taking the customer's payment with a smile. "Thank you, sir! Have a nice a day!" She cheerfully chirped.

When she has no mission to do, (Y/N) works in a small café near her flat. It was really convenient because it helped her to fit into the mix of average people, just to avoid suspicion—and perhaps to live quite a normal life in this bustling city. She loved the café more than anything. This place was like her second home, along with the mixed scent of the strong coffee and sweet pastries that she will always love. This was her dream job after all...to be a barista.

She smiled enthusiastically as she heard the bell ring, her vibe was really cheery and very bright...

...very.

"Welcome and good morning!" The girl exclaimed towards the new customer, giving them an upbeat grin. But her grin faltered as she saw the new-comer—a raven-headed male with a tired and laid-back posture, face was unbelievably tired and eyes seemed like they were...dry. There were eye bags under his eyes too, and he had an unshaved stubble. His vibes also seemed...off.

(Y/N) kept her cheeriness to the maximum level, not wanting to waver, even for a bit. "How can I help—"

"Black Coffee. Dine in. With Black Forest slice. Make it strong and no sugar."

With a huge and deep inhale, (Y/N) just smiled—not her usual cheery smile, but that smile mixed with surprise and annoyance. It was obviously forced and tick marks can almost be seen on her forehead. She wasn't happy about how this prick was treating her. But she just kept her cheery self, just for the sake of the café's reputation.

He didn't even let me fucking finish!

"A-Alright then! Black Coffee and Black Forest coming right up!"

She turned her back an started making coffee, only with a frown plastered in her face.

It's fucking early in the morning and someone already pisses me off.

She sighed and attempted to calm herself by collecting her thoughts, focusing on the coffee that she was brewing. Such soft gestures and soft hands that were gracefully making the coffee, it was because she was trained to do so. Every move she makes, every judgment she does—it was because of her training. She can act so confidently and so graceful because she was meant to do that kind of thing, and it was even her profession. Even making a coffee...she was trained to do it.

Just like a walking robot meant to have a purpose.

Her eyes softened at the thought but she didn't let it sway her. The time she was done at the coffee, she turned to the customer and placed the cup down before getting a plate so she could place the cake there.

When she was done, she beamed a grin and slightly bowed. "Have a nice me—" The guy pushed the plate with the slice of Black Forest cake away from him, causing for the (h/c) haired female to frown in worry. "Um...is there's something wrong?"

The guy just huffed as he curled his finger around the handle of the cup before bringing the brim close to his lips. He mumbled, "Eat it. We'll talk about something..."

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes at the guy before her. He was acting strange—was he trying to flirt with her by treating him a slice of cake? IT wasn't the best flirting anyone could do, but the female thinks that it sufficed. She was unsure, but she couldn't think of any other reason other than that.

I mean, why would this guy treat me a sweet cake? Just for fucking fun...? Ha. That's hilarious.

"Sir...I don't think I can accept your gift. It's just too much and—"