4 // cabbie.

together, they created a deal. honeymoon was paying luke (with whatever money she could fish out) to protect her.

he'd been scrawny at some point, but after some time lifting makeshift weights and running countless laps, getting into fights at his old school...he had a respectable amount of muscle on him.

hell, at some point, he'd even joined a fight club.

luke leaned against the brick wall opposite the neon building, raising his hand to his face. he touched his eyebrow, feeling the scar from a year ago.

he bit his lip, then pulled his beanie down and pulled a pack of Winston's from his pocket, sliding out a cigarette and lighting it.

it was from the corner of his eye that he saw honeymoon exit the building. he crossed the street, meeting her.

"you know, i'm glad i don't have to take the bus. there's all kinds of weird at this time of night." honeymoon told him as she followed him to his car.

"if i don't have any money left, then what do i do?" honeymoon pondered, and luke glanced back at her, turning red. he didn't like the direction that this conversation was going in. "i could pay you with my body," honeymoon muttered.

luke spat the cigarette out, choking.

"i-i'm flattered about the offer," he said, his voice raspy, covering up his embarrassment, "but i'm not that kind of guy. it's money or nothing."

honeymoon sighed, then pulled out a few crumpled bills from her bra, and handed them to luke. he quickly shoved them into his pocket, blushing and wiping his hand onto his jeans.

"i wish i could've done better for myself..." honeymoon murmured, drifting off. luke glanced back again, swearing quietly.

it looked like she would be camping at his apartment tonight.