The Debt That Needed Settling

1

Spaghetti opened his curtains to welcome another day in Town Town. The streets were already thriving, even though it was 6 o'clock in the morning.

Then Spaghetti looked at his clock and saw that it was actually 11 o'clock in the morning.

"I'm late!" He exclaimed.

He then realised that he didn't care. So, his morning routine carried on as normal. He took a short bath, dried himself, got dressed, had breakfast, put on his coat, put on his cool cowboy hat, and hit the road. But not necessarily in that order.

Eventually, he made it down to the train station, discarded his empty cereal bowl, and entered his booth. He suddenly bumped into someone.

"Hey!" The someone said.

Spaghetti looked up. In the booth with him was Marlo McMuffin. He was a large man with a head of blonde hair and a huge grin plastered across his face. Spaghetti didn't know much about him, but there were rumours that he lived with his mother, even though he was in his thirties. What a loser...allegedly.

"What are you doing?" Spaghetti asked.

"Covering for you." Marlo replied.

"Why?"

"You weren't here and people wanted tickets."

"Well, you are excused."

Marlo left, looking rather ashamed, but still with a grin on his face.

The best thing about being late to work is that lunch break is sooner. Less than an hour passed and Spaghetti was able to head over to A Small Restaurant for some food.

On his way, he noticed the street was completely empty. A lone tumbleweed fluttered across the road in a stereotypical Wild West fashion.

Spaghetti decided to ignore it and went to enter A Small Restaurant. But as he stepped inside, he found it empty. Suddenly, George the barman popped out from behind the counter.

"George? What are you doing?" Spaghetti asked.

"Haven't you heard?" George replied, sounding slightly panicky.

"About what?"

"The Cuddly Yoo-hoo Riders have arrived."

Spaghetti didn't believe him at first.

"Quick, hide behind here!" George hissed.

The Cuddly Yoo-hoo Riders, despite their name, were the fiercest outlaw gang in the land. The last time they'd visited Town Town was some number of years ago. Spaghetti remembered it well.

He reversed back out the door, onto the empty road. It seemed as if everyone was hiding. But not Spaghetti. He was the perfect mixture of brave and stupid and wanted to confront The Cuddly Yoo-hoo Riders.

He had a debt to settle.

(Although, to be frank, this was the Wild West. Pretty much everyone had a debt to settle.)

2

The gang of outlaws reached the gate. All together, there were about ten of them. But ten was enough. (Enough for what, you ask? For all sorts of things, such as ransacking small towns, having poker games, having pillow fights, synchronized swimming. You name it, they had the adequate amount of people for it. And if they didn't, they would hire more...or get rid of more...) 

Their leader, Captain Hooha Pants, rode out front and brought his horse to a halt at the gate, with the sign on top reading 'Welcome to Town Town. Population: About one-hundred-and-fifty-something.'