t h i r t y s e v e n » t s u n d o k u

Start from the beginning

"Or is it?" I shot back, looking up at the ceiling as if I was really pondering over the thought.

He gasped dramatically, "How dare you!?" He placed a hand on his chest and bobbed his head in shock as if he'd been disrespected.

"How dare I what," I feign shock at his accusation and smile innocently.

"I hate you," he huffed.

"I'm sure you do," I murmured sarcastically, letting my eyes wander across the shelves as we passed them by.

"Goddamn!" Hunter exclaimed after some moments when silence had settled between us, "Why'd they make me come? Like, what about Phoenix? Like I'm damn sure you'd enjoy that."

"Oh my god, Hunter, are you jealous?" I stared at him bewildered. The crew, well Blake, had all but demanded Hunter and I go to Walmart together. The cheeky sud was setting up a show for himself to watch. Immediately upon saying, well more like yelling, 'Adriannaaaaa, I want junk food. Take Hunter and go to Walmart,' a war had started. Immediately, Phoenix cursed in five languages making it very clear he wanted no one to go with me except himself. Hunter whined incessantly saying he was tired. And well I, I just looked at Blake with an amused eyebrow. Phoenix settled for finally saying, 'I'm going with her,' to which Blake simply retorted, 'I wasn't asking, dear brother," with a bloody smirk plastered on his face. He finally deemed his request as inarguable as he said with a smug tone, 'Baby brother, I know your memory isn't absolute shit. It's my birthday weekend, what I want, I get.' Phoenix was raging and he made it crystal clear how ballistic he was going when he uttered 'Fuck this,' and stormed out the front door.

"No, I'm really not," he said surely while picking up a box of Nilla, "It's just, you're my sister, we're purely platonic. But you and Phoenix," he scoffs, "You guys obviously have it in for each other, but none of you want to make a goddamn move. And Phoenix," he sighed disappointedly, "He could be such a motherfucking bastard. I question whether he's right for you sometimes. But, I know you know what you're doing and I trust you. I only want you to be happy, and to stop hurting. And I know very well Worthington makes you happy, he mends your fractured bones, babe," he smiled sadly at me. I, on the other hand, stared wide eyed at Hunt and sputtered the stupidest thing, "Y-you actually mean all of that?"

"Well no shit," he stated rhetorically, "I kind of just poured my heart out to sincerely," he rolled his eyes.

"Hunter," I said in a heartfelt tone. I walked over to him standing behind the cart and threw my hands around his neck, "I love you so much," my voice came out muffled from my face being buried in his chest.

"And I love you too, baby sis," he whispered.

"But as much as you might think Phoenix and I like each other, you're wrong," I expressed when we pulled away. He scoffed yet again.

"I want nothing more than to kill him," I rolled my eyes.

"That's what you think," he replied cheekily.

"You must have a death wish," I muttered.

"You already know," he said in a high pitched voice.

"I don't know why you keep denying it. He displayed his feelings towards you loud and clear earlier. The whole bullshit he started when Blake said I was to go with you. You realise Phoenix is burning with jealousy right now, right? The boy clearly wants you all to himself, are you that blind?"

"Oh my god," I murmur and shake my head, "Ooh, pita bread," I grab a box of the sea salt flavour off the shelf.

"Oh, grab a garlic herb flavour as well," Hunt said while he grabbed chocolate chips original, chewy, and chunky.