All I want is doughnuts // Peter Parker

IMAGINE PLAYLIST: 

Gravity - Leo Stannard, Frances 

The Only Exception - Paramore 

Need You More - for KING & COUNTRY

  ¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤    

The buzzing of his phone in the middle of the night immediately woke Peter, his senses on an annoyingly and never-ceasing high alert. He wanted to ignore it, and to go back to the nap he was taking on his art history textbook, but the more he tried to drift back into unconsciousness, the more insistently the little device seemed to vibrate.

Peter swore quietly under his breath as he blindly grabbed at the phone and lifted lazy eyes to see Y/N's name flashing across the screen, along with the far-too-bright numerals that indicated the time of morning that it was (Three AM, if anyone cared). He groaned one last time into his sleeve, just to get it out of his system, and then took a deep breath as he clumsily thumbed the answer key.

"Y/N?" His voice was scratchy in his throat, making him wince at how grumpy he must sound to her.

"Peter!" Y/N's response was sing-song and way more giggly than usual, and Peter briefly flirted with the possibility that his friend was drunk. "Guess who's my favourite person? You are!"

"Y/N what's going on? Are you okay?"

"My face feels great. Why doesn't everyone's face feel this great?" She laughed and hiccuped into the receiver. "Does your face feel great, Peter?"

"Uhhhhh..." His sleep deprived brain was running fast trying to compute this weird new revelation Y/N seemed to be having. "My face feels...like a face."

"My face feels like an orange."

Peter rubbed at his eyes viciously. "Are you hammered right now?"

"Mom won't let me hold a hammer. The last time I did I put it through a wall."

"Where are you? Are you okay? Do you need me to come get you?" He was alert now, and worry gnawed at his gut for her. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to her.

"Peter can I tell you a secret?"

"Um, sure?"

"I want doughnuts." She whispered conspiratorially. "I want cookie dough doughnuts from the vegan place downtown."

Peter, although thought quiet and abnormally shy by most, had never truly been rendered speechless by Y/N until that moment. He usually had some witty quip to answer her clueless moments or some thoughtful response to her sarcasm, but this time, he honestly had absolutely no clue what to say. After a few seconds of silence, he managed to stutter out something like: 

"Dough...Doughnuts? What the hell are you saying?" 

"Shhhhh," She giggled. "Language, Parker! You expect to kiss me with that mouth someday?" 

Kiss her? Peter's cheeks went pink at the thought. He'd never expected that she would ever have those sorts of feelings for him. He'd always considered her as more of a sister than a prospective girlfriend. "Kiss you?" 

"Peter! That's a secret! Don't tell Y/N that I told you!" She whispered to him again. "She's wanted you to kiss her for five years, but she'd die if she knew that I told you!" 

"I..." 

Suddenly, an angry voice interrupted their odd conversation, coming from Y/N's end. Peter recognized the concerned tone of her mother almost immediately.