Under The Pines Pt.III (Canada Series) // Tom Holland

This imagine is inspired by Manitoulin Island, Ontario. 

¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤   

IMAGINE PLAYLIST: 

Our Way ~ Canyon City

Change My Name ~ Trading Yesterday

Hold Onto Me ~ Music Travel Love

  ¤♡¤♡¤♡¤♡¤   

Autumn came and went. The leaves went from green to gold until they fell and the branches went bare. The sun hid behind the clouds and the wind turned from fresh to bitter. My mind, though previously entangled in summer waves, warm sunsets, and coffee brown eyes, was now turned completely to the arrival of the new season. With the beginning of November, snow fell and coated the trees in thick blankets of frozen rain. My dad always used to call snowflakes "angel's tears",  and I couldn't help but agree with him around this time of year. Everything looked as though it had been purified. The cold air was crisp and the trees and bushes had all sharp edges smoothed and rounded out with the snow.

The Island's tiny downtown became a winter wonderland at the first sign of the change in weather. Streetlamps were strung with garlands and wreaths were hung on every door. Fairy lights twinkled along shop windows, and the great, magnificent Christmas tree was raised and decorated in the center street. Christmas in downtown reminded me of Whoville in How the Grinch Stole Christmas

The Festival of Lights was quickly approaching, and I found all anxiety about Tom, school, and my future shoved aside for the excitement clenching in my stomach

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The Festival of Lights was quickly approaching, and I found all anxiety about Tom, school, and my future shoved aside for the excitement clenching in my stomach. The Festival was on old tradition, started by the founding fathers of the small communities around the Island. The Mayor and his family led a procession of people through the downtown street and out to the lake. Each person carried a lantern, and when the crowd reached the shore, everyone released the lights out onto the water and proceeded to follow the mayor over the bridge and to Cathedral Island, home of the Island's original church. From the small inland island, it was easy to see the swarms of lights that slowly drifted across the lake. It was a tradition that I looked forward to every year, and this one was no different. 

Phoebe and I spent the entire week leading up to the event deciding what to wear. After much deliberation, we finally agreed to go full comfy Canadian, in our Roots wear, toques, and jeans. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.